New Logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CromBrew

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking for some constructive criticism on my brew logo.

Logo.jpg

Thanks guys

Looks great! I love the center of it. I was thinking about something similar, with the concept of it being like a skull and cross bones, but a hop and grain bones :) Great work.. off to go download inkscape for me...

Graphic looks great, but maybe spend more time on the text. The typefont is a bit too serif I think....and I would use a bright color (maybe white with a dark brown drop shadow). Right now, I think the brown color of the ribbon is too close of a value to the black text that you're losing too much contrast. Oh, and you'll continue to hate that all my design classes (where I got sick of type) are rearing up now;):D I see that the arc of the text is not aligned with the arc of the ribbon. Since the text itself is not going for a full semi-circle, I would rotate it more clockwise so that it's equally distributed with the shading lines.

Another suggestion is maybe playing around with some more colors in the center. With there being a white center, with just straight black malt/hops, it seems like that's just receeding in space. I would probably have a color fill that white space and either have different colors for your malt/hops... or better: keep a heavy black outline with colored centers (that should let them pop the way your border is). Right now I'm thinking the black silhouette is too recessive. It's also not quite aligned: because of the buckle, it should get shifted to the right just slightly. One good pointer I've learned about judging contrast is to squint your eyes....if it's good, things will still be readable. Another way of judging balanced composition is to turn an artwork upside down so that you're seeing it a new way.

Here is an up dated version. Its a work in progress but I really appreciate all the suggestions. Let me know what you think now.

LogoImage.png

Back