What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407794774.173408.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Water while grilling some pork chops. Decided to go fancy with the three 750ml bottles of my quad:
View attachment 217148
View attachment 217149

Used homemade wax and it was really easy. Will be doing this again. And again. And soon. :)

What capper did you use for those? I have the right caps and capper attachment, but the capper doesn't seem to want to clamp all the way down. The cap looks fine on the bottles I've used to test cap. I just don't know if they are on perfectly enough to hold pressure.

I was just messin'. I like English beers. Need to brew another ESB soon. I just don't mess with sub-5% ABV. Not worth it, IMO.

I gotcha.

But I gotta disagree. They're cheaper to brew. They're ready faster. Brew day is (marginally) shorter. And you can pound em down all night, especially when you go sub 3.5%.

To each their own I guess. I find myself brewing less and less big beers because I don't think they're worth it.

What capper did you use for those? I have the right caps and capper attachment, but the capper doesn't seem to want to clamp all the way down. The cap looks fine on the bottles I've used to test cap. I just don't know if they are on perfectly enough to hold pressure.

I used my bench capper - I wedged down tight and I had to tug on the bottle to get it out of the bell. I did a test first and it seemed to be on tight.

What recipe did you use for the wax? I've tried making my own and it turned out horrible.

Two standard glue sticks to one crayon. I melted the glue sticks then threw in the crayons for a minute. Stirred with a stick until it blended and worked fine. There were a couple of splotches on the bottle and they peeled off easily so I'm hopeful it won't be a PIA to remove when I'm ready to drink.

They look great!

Thanks!

I gotcha.

But I gotta disagree. They're cheaper to brew. They're ready faster. Brew day is (marginally) shorter. And you can pound em down all night, especially when you go sub 3.5%.

To each their own I guess. I find myself brewing less and less big beers because I don't think they're worth it.

I love me a mild. I just don't choose to brew anything that low in alcohol. I like to drink beer because it tastes good. And I get a good buzz from it as a consolation prize. In order for a Mild to do that to me, I'd have to drink 56 of them. And I'd be full/stuffed by the time I even get there.

I used my bench capper - I wedged down tight and I had to tug on the bottle to get it out of the bell. I did a test first and it seemed to be on

Mine is a standard capper. It doesn't get down enough to the point where I think the cap is on properly. It looks like it is, but I'm just not sure if it will
hold pressure. And to think if I bottle one of my sours using 5 jester king bottles, I'd waste all of that beer if the cap doesn't hold pressure.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407797341.016137.jpg
Finally after a day full of Thera flu and powerade, this oughta cure what ails me

"If you've made something that doesn't offend anybody, you've made Budweiser"
-Augie Carton-

Had a couple bloody Mary's and a couple Jack'n'ice with a splash of coke at the Skyclub, a couple champagnes pre departure, now on some red wine with short ribs, not bad:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407797436.934983.jpg

After dinner I will probably switch to scotch or cognac. Wifi is actually working, which is new for international flights. Another 12+ hours I hope to be rested, drunk, and in Tokyo.

My sister picked me up a six pack of this while in ft collins last weekend. She did good, awesome beer. Also brought me back 4oz of hops her bf's parents grew. He sounds like a keeper. :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407798418.598798.jpg

I love me a mild. I just don't choose to brew anything that low in alcohol. I like to drink beer because it tastes good. And I get a good buzz from it as a consolation prize. In order for a Mild to do that to me, I'd have to drink 56 of them. And I'd be full/stuffed by the time I even get there.

This is how I feel about the whole session beer craze right now. Obviously I like beer I enjoy the taste but I also enjoy the side effect of beer, intoxication. At retail session beer is Half the beer and all the price. As a consumer that doesn't make sense to me.

They're like cocktail weenies. Of course a full sized hot dog gets the job done but, I still love eating 15 to 20 mini dogs rolled in puff pastry sometimes. :)

This is how I feel about the whole session beer craze right now. Obviously I like beer I enjoy the taste but I also enjoy the side effect of beer, intoxication. At retail session beer is Half the beer and all the price. As a consumer that doesn't make sense to me.

Couldn't agree more. Go Bucks.

They're like cocktail weenies. Of course a full sized hot dog gets the job done but, I still love eating 15 to 20 mini dogs rolled in puff pastry sometimes. :)

No ****ing way. It's not the same thing.

My Amarillo IPA.

And, yes, we're still the National ****ing Champions!
Suck it!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407800080.861853.jpg

raising a glass of Vandal Eyes to Loogie. the sweetest damn dog ever. R.I.P.

God damnit! So ****ing sad. Rest in peace to that baby. I know the pain. Been through it three times with my dogs that I've had since high school. I hate thinking about it.

I'm sorry Billy :(

Sad night. Couldn't believe about Robin Williams.

Second pour of Ruinten.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407802864.329417.jpg

I agree. I had one of the founders all day IPAs the other day and it was really good but I won't ever buy it, because it's the same flipping price as all their other beer and half the abv.

I agree. I had one of the founders all day IPAs the other day and it was really good but I won't ever buy it, because it's the same flipping price as all their other beer and half the abv.

Right. Use half the ingredients charge full price. Sounds like a win for the brewery for sure.

Back