Temp Control Time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel48

Reaction score
How long do I really need to control my fermentation temperatures? The reason I ask is that I can fit two carboy's in my chamber. However since they are a week apart the new carboy will need a much lower temperature to keep the active fermentation temp down. Should I remove the first carboy and put it back in after a week or is all right to get cold for a week and then ramp back up. Last night I pulled the carboy that is done with active (7 days) fermentation and put it down stairs. I put my new batch in the chamber because I know the freezer will drop down to around 52 or so during the active stage.

Just did some more searching. Appears to be a lot of opinions on this. Many though are saying once the beer hits it FG it would be ok to move it. This time depends on the style of beer. Mine was a nut brown so I am confident is was pretty much finished around 7 days. I moved it from a controlled 62 degree chamber to about 69 room temp room. I am thinking I will be alright.

Back