help with an easy recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjones

Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to move away from doing kit beers and have a crack at all grain brewing,

does anyone have an easy starter brew recipe for a grolsch or heineken type brew that I can cut my teeth on?

cheers

does anyone have an easy starter brew recipe for a grolsch or heineken type brew that I can cut my teeth on?

Pale lagers are probably the most difficult beers to brew. You need a large pitch of healthy lager yeast, temperature-controlled refrigerated fermentation, soft water, and lots of patience.

Scores of recipes live in the Recipe Database. Recipe posts with lots of replies are well-established faves. If you are looking to brew a pale, inoffensive beer but are more comfortable with ale fermentation, check out (for example) Centennial Blonde.

Many thanks, I will head to the brew store tomorrow and see if I can get the ingredients and give that one a go, I have been shying off a bit as none of the brew stores where I live are really into all grain brewing so reading as much as I can so I don't destroy a perfectly good beer,

cheers

Back