do you carb your apfelwine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone carbonates their apfelwine? I was planning on making some soon and was thinking either no carbonation or carbonating half the batch and seeing how I like it

I carbonate mine. Typically, it's at around 2.5 volumes, as that where I keep the beer. The batch that I bottled and carbed to 4 volumes was better, but not so much as to make me bottle again (although I may do limited runs).

TL

I prefer mine carbed.. honestly I just set it for 10 psi and leave it for a few days before serving.. on batch number three and it goes quickly.. :cross:

Bottled and Carbed. Don't know volumes, but it was a half cup table sugar + 1 gram champagne yeast (i'd crash cooled, killing off all the old yeast...). Everyone loved the carbed version, we ended up calling it hobo champagne (or "hobo champs" for short), and drank it all very quickly.

Latest posts

Back