Problems with trying multiple beers in one night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arneba28

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of trying multiple beers of the same style in one night. The problem comes that alot of the higher end, really good beers only come in 22oz's. This wouldnt be a problem if I had lots of friends that were beer nerds as well. However, most of my friends wont even touch a pale ale or ESB.
Has anyone devised a method of efficiently recapping bottles while still preserving carbonation?

you could purge with c02 and recap...if you have a tank available. I have a hard time going from one thing to another sometimes

Try decanting half of each bottle into a 12 oz. bottle and capping. Chill everything first and do the re-bottling before starting to drink.

Bottle in a mixture of 12 and 22s so that you can choose the appropriate size when you open a beer.

I think even with purging and recapping you will be disappointed in the carbing of the leftover beer.

Latest posts

Back