quick question about iodophor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiak3000

Reaction score
is it a no-rinse sanitizer? how many people out there do rinse or have had any side effects from not rinsing? thanks...

if you use the recommended concentration, and drain out any excess from your bottles or carboys, you will have no reason to rinse. Rinsing really defeats the purpose of using a no-rinse sanitizer.

I've noticed that it can affect head retention sometimes...i.e. On brewday if I give a glass a quick rinse in my sanitizing solution, the beer doesn't develop as much of a head as it normally would.

I didn't think people still used it, to be honest. I have sold like 1 maybe 2 4oz bottles in 4 months in the store.

But yes, at proper concentration it's a non rinse sanatizer.

This is not a Starsan vs Iodophor reply!!!!!

I have both, use both, no preference really - I DON'T rinse because it's no rinse! If I was going to rinse I would probably save some money and go back to bleach.

I exclusively use iodophor. I had an infection with my second batch and switched to it by recommendation of a friend. Had no problems since.

Back