Screwy's Cooler: 212F To 70F In 20 Minutes Or Less

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScrewyBrewer

ezRecipe - The Easy Way To Awesome Beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today I went to Home Depot, Lowes and Ace Hardware before I found the 4 parts needed to build my new 'Screwy's Cooler' wort cooler. Constructed from a single 20 foot length of 3/8 inch copper tubing, a 3/8 inch standard dishwasher elbow and an aerator dual thread adapter. In the example below I choose to connect the standard garden or washing machine hose end of the aerator dual thread adapter to my kitchen sink faucet. Screwy's Cooler can also be connected to a dishwasher or garden hose instead of connecting directly to the faucet.

ScrewyCooler.jpg

Click here for details....Screwy's Cooler

Haha! Nice! Good for a smaller kettle. I don't think that would work for my sanke keggle, though. SWMBO would kill me if she found it in the sink.

Ingenious and compact design, though.

Nice design. However, I prefer to capture my waste cooling water and use it in my washer.

Thanks for the compliments and sharing your preferences. A length of plastic tubing can be clamped to the discharge end of the cooler to route the water to your washer or bucket as well.

I used my cooler with the first all grain brews this past weekend and it worked perfectly, dropping the boiled wort down to 65F in less than 20 minutes. It completely eliminates the need of an ice bath and its already proven to be a real timesaver too.

chilr1.jpg

Latest posts

Back