recommended beer for St. Pats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerrg

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I go to UMR in Rolla MO, and st. pats is a big time of year (we even get a couple days off school for it). Anyways, I'm still pretty new to brewing, but I wanted to make something tasty for st. pats. I'm going to make a wheat bear that i've made in the past that turned out pretty tasty. (receipt complements of brewfrik) Anyone have any suggestions for some other beers?

I've had several requests for a rasberry wheat beer. Ideas?

Thanks

peace
-gw

Well if saint paddies day is a big deal you have to do something at least somewhat irish...a good irish red (killians clone) or a stout are the most popular. if you want to get more out there you could look for a smithwick's clone recipe

if you do a raspberry wheat you should get another going asap too because in terms of a beer for saint paddies day its not very indicative of the holiday at all

just my .02

I was trying to thing of a good beer for st. pats, and the two people that gave me an answers for a beer to make both said raspberry wheat. That wouldn't be on my top list of st. pats beers though. Irish red sounds like it might be nice though. any other recommendations are also welcome. Thanks!

peace
-gw

Lil' Sparky has a recipe for an oatmeal stouthere thats really good that I plan on brewing for St. Pattys.

Back