Bottled my first beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew-Happy

Reaction score
Bottled an oatmeal stout as of last night!

Everything went well EXCEPT the thread part of the spigot cracked and leaked some beer. Not much though. We were able to get 49 bottles!:mug:

PSA for today: Do not leave tension on the threads of the spigot! Loosen the nut to relieve the strain and prevent cracking!

Now it is time to wait until the first day of fall!!

Congrats on your first of many. IT will be extremely tempting to open them bottles and drink up but letting them sit will do great things. Now you need to brew something that finishes fast to hold you over.:mug:

Congrats on your first of many. IT will be extremely tempting to open them bottles and drink up but letting them sit will do great things. Now you need to brew something that finishes fast to hold you over.:mug:

LOL! Yeah if the funds appear suddenly I will hit this guy up to do another split brew.

I am designed to forget something if it is out of sight. Even chocolate!!! So, I put a rubbermaid tub to duel use: 1. Out of sight. 2. Contains potential bottle bombs!

If you like Hefe's they would be good to make. They have very little hops and finish quick. Maybe .5 ounce of hops at 60 mins so your not breaking the bank buying hops.

Back