ordering my equipment today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roesso

Reaction score
i am going to order my brewing equipment today i have read two book and i have been on this web sight almost two weeks i think i am ready to start brewing for my first brew it will be a brown ale i would like to find a nut brown ale kit is there any thing that i need to about brewing the brown ale or just follow the directions that come with the kit and every thing will be fine

Kudos to you for reading and learning first. That's the absolute best thing you can do, plus it saves you from the ire of the EAC's around here ;) and you won't be posting panic stricken questions about this or that.

Kits are probably the best way to start.

Visit your LHBS or some of the bigger websites (Austin Home Brew has $5.99 shipping) and find a kit. Follow the directions, be patient, and you'll soon be sipping your first beer. :)

Congrats. I bet you've learnt a bit and it's good to see you doing it before trying to brew not after.
Follow the instruction unless it says to use more than 1lb of sugar.
Don't expect it to finish under 1010 (although it may)
Ignore the bit about fermenting for 10 days then going straight to bottle.
I'm presuming you are doing an extract.

If you want to list your expected brew routine and we'll let you know if you are missing anything or are looking at something the wrong way.

i found it helpfull to suppliment what the directions in the kit said with what i learned from reading how to books

Just brew it. You will be happier with the outcome knowing YOU made it and there are chances for refinement down the road.

Good luck.

Back