Belgian - Bottle or Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bc23

Reaction score
I have a big tripel in my secondary, and it's been there for about 2 months. My question is whether this a beer that should be bottled, in order to continue aging, or whether I should keg it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated :mug:

Bottle. I just bottled my tripel two weeks ago.

This is a beer that you want to cellar and let age. I've read that aging it in kegs doesn't work very well - I can't remember if it's because off flavors or what.

I just bottled 2 cases of tripel, The hardest part is wait the month for bottle conditioning. The sample was strong, wow weee :p If i did my math correctly it was around 12%

No reason you can't keg the tripel. It will age just as well in a keg as it will in bottles.

WRT the oatmeal stout, keg it. Beer gas sucks anyway.

The only beers I won't keg are wheat beers where I want the yeast to be in suspension when I drink them. Something about swirling a keg every time I want to pull a pint isn't as attractive as just swirling the bottle. :cross:

i'm facing the same dilemma. i'll be racking 2 belgians in to kegs later this evening just to free up my carboys, but i think i'll bottle them in the end. i've been saving the big belgian bottles and i'll probably buy more and get one of those hard core corkers!

Back