Lack of planning, leads to question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmp138

Reaction score
So I was going to do my first all grain brew today, but ran into a little problem when I couldnt drill a big enough hole in my keggle to take the through wall bulkhead with ball valve. But I did make good use of BobbyM's jig for cutting out the top of a keg. worked like a charm perfect hole! I also built his counterflow wort chiller yesterday, singularly the most frustrating and time consuming process of my life, but I digress, and it works great.

Since I couldn't brew today I have 21 pounds of grain that was crushed last night, wondering how long it will still be fresh. It sucks that I had to get it crushed, but how long do I have before it will make crappy beer.

Thanks for the help.

The grain will stay good until you get the Keggle fixed. I'm sure you will get it fixed as soon as possible. Is it all sealed nice in bags?

I buy all my grain on line and I have it crushed before they send it to me. That's a week or so of being crushed before I do anything with it. Somtimes I dont get to the grain for three weeks.

Back