Help: Super Bock Stout clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainPain

Reaction score
Hi there.

I'm trying to clone a beer thar we've here in Portugal. It's a "Stout" beer from Super Bock.

I know that is hard to clone a beer thar you haven't taste but I've found some reviews on this Euro Dark Lager.

superbockstout.jpg

AVB: 5%​

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/439/37864/
http://www.beeroclockaustralia.com/2012/06/portugal-vs-netherlands.html

Official Site:
“Super Bock Stout is produced from special malts: pale malt, caramel malt and chocolate malt giving it a distinct taste, aroma and a lasting cream.

Super Bock Stout differs from Black beers on the market because it is richer in extract, with more body, with more complex aroma and taste (fruity) and not as roasted/crisp. The result in a balanced combination of sweet and bitter revealing a unique flavor.”

Other reviews:
- Full-bodied and creamy, made from special malts, which strikes a balance between mild bitter and a characteristic sweetness characteristic of an English Stout.
Aroma: Smooth, fruity and slightly caramelized.
Appearance: Dark color, dark foam and abundant.

Color - Black.
Foam - Good formation and a lasting cream, golden.
Aroma - Caramel, lightweight roasted, light notes of coffee. Smooth aroma.
Taste - Medium body, medium carbonation, pleasant bitterness of roasted malt, light roasted notes, smooth coffee and chocolate, low acidity.
Verdict - Beer that uses dye and sugar in the recipe. I thought I would experience a very sweet beer, unbalanced, but it is even modest and polite.

Super Bock Stout is low in alcohol, and it pairs well with German food and Latin American food. It pairs well with beef, smoked meat and grilled meat

Fairly light for a stout but highly addictive. Don't expect it to be like Guinness or the other 'big name' stouts, it's more like a real ale kind of beer, like a heavy porter almost. Very nice it is as well.

Thanks in advanced.

Latest posts

Back