What pisses you off about other drivers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroosBrewz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just moved from a rural area to an area with lots of freeways and a lot more traffic than I am used to.. One thing I've noticed since I moved to this town is THESE A-HOLES WILL NOT LET YOU IN NO MATTER HOW LONG YOUR BLINKER IS ON.. AARRRGGHH. For the fourth time since I moved here, I missed my exit because the scumbag next to me refused to let me in a full quarter mile from the exit.. and the scumbag behind him.. and the one behind him.. you get the idea.. It really pisses me off.. Anyway, it got me to thinking about all the annoying things that we deal with on the roads everyday.. Which annoying act by the braindead driver next to you pisses you off the most? Blinker-on-forever guy? Too bright headlights guy? old people on the freeway?

When ******** drive slow until there's a passing lane and then the floor it and go 30 over the speed limit. Then the passing lane is done and it's back to 5 under.

I get this a lot here in AZ. When I'm in a non-right hand lane and signal right to get over because my exit is coming up in a mile or so, the guy slightly behind me in the right lane....instead of easing off & letting me in speeds up & makes sure I have difficulty making it into his lane. Then I have to slow waaay down until he or she passes and if there's nobody behind them I can get over.

Also, when in any public parkin lot trying to get out if anyone is in the lane and see your reverse lights on they don't stop & let you out they keep going and if you keep backing out they honk like you're in their way.

Those are my biggest 2. There are others.

Last night there was a guy down the street waiting for a car to pull out of his driveway so he could pull in. The car in the driveway was obviously not ready. Instead of moving out of the way so me and 3 other cars could get by the idiot in the street blocked both lanes. No one could have gotten through if they were coming from the other way either. The car blocked the whole street.

:mad::mad:Here in Newport Tenneesee they will drive 45 in a 55 until the speed limit goes to 45 then speed up, LEFT ON RED, do not stop at stop signs, will pass in the emergency lane and pull slick out in front of you while you ar driving at highway speed and when you honk the horn they will fly the bird and act like it is your fault. :mad::mad:

If I think on this some more my blood pressure will go up.
I can't wait to go home to Edmonton ky where all you have to worry about is an occasional tractor going down the road:cross:

One of my gripes....no turn signals! I guess some people are so absentminded as to think that these are optional! Perhaps they assume we already know if they're going to turn. This is so pervasive here that you'd think I'd get used to it....but no...still pisses me off...

That, and people driving right on your a$$ regardless of how fast you're driving...then they get around you, only to get within a few feet of the next driver. I think to myself "are you just going to run over them?" WTF???

Their world, I suppose, and we're just living in it....Idiots...

I signal to move over, d**khead in the lane next to me, and who is two car lengths back, speeds up and blocks my lane change.

This is why it's a good idea to own a beater with the very minimum insurance. When you get one of those people that won't let you in, well, you just change lanes anyway. Who cares if you scratch up the beater a little.

In Chicago, you don't ask for a lane change, you take it. That's how you have to drive here.

II_pistolas said:
People who drive slow in the fast lane..

+1

I tend to drive fast, and usually in the passing lane. My biggest gripe are the morons, who insist on using the left lane as a traveling lane. Now I always have to remind myself that I can't get pissed with someone doing the speedlimit, but it bugs the **** out of me when people are going five to ten under. If there's a mile long line of traffic beging you, get a clue and move out of the way to let people get by.

+1

I tend to drive fast, and usually in the passing lane. My biggest gripe are the morons, who insist on using the left lane as a traveling lane. Now I always have to remind myself that I can't get pissed with someone doing the speedlimit, but it bugs the **** out of me when people are going five to ten under. If there's a mile long line of traffic beging you, get a clue and move out of the way to let people get by.

Isn't it a violation to cause that tailback in the outside lane even when doing the speed limit? If not it should be, until they allow you to shoot other stupid drivers...yeah that'd fix them....mounted machine guns.

How about the morons that won't get into the passing lane when you are trying to merge onto the interstate. Or the ones who only do 40 on the on ramp when the interstate speed is 70!

Im originally born and bred in Michigan. I moved to Massachusetts a few years ago. They really are Massholes here! Every traffic law is a suggestion. People pass on shoulders, who ever can get through a 4 way stop the fastest is the one who goes, blinkers... what are those, who cares if a car is in a left turn only lane? Chances are they will gun it to cut you off because they have to be first. But the absolute worst is when you try to merge on the express way and the car you are trying to merge in front of speeds up forcing you to the shoulder. I've gotten to the point where I don't care any more. Im getting over ready or not. They will either slow down or be forced to the other lane. It sucks driving in Massachusetts

As a truck driver who hauls a tanker, I've got to say the dumb a$$e$ who just can not stand to be behind a truck no matter what. Pass me, get in front of me, then hit the brakes and pull into the next driveway because they had to be in front of the truck and couldn't wait 15 more seconds to get in that driveway. BTW, you have any idea how long it takes a truck going 35 mph with a 50 foot wavepool behind it that weighs almost 90000 lbs to stop? I'll let you know as soon I get the pieces of you car out from under my truck.

When people want to drive around with bald tires and don't have enough sense to slow down when trying to make a right turn. This is the result, happened last Thursday, my truck has less than 3k miles on it, that still has me pissed off.

6290383267_158c0e1be6_z.jpg

Good one truck dad. Before I retired,I had to drive to Cleveland & back everyday. I saw this so many times...What's the point of cutting off a vehicle that weighs more than a Brontosaur? And if I didn't get cut off,or nearly T-boned at least 3 times a day,somethings off. Then the ones that are weaving in & out of lanes at 80 or 90MPH yapping on a cell phone. What in the world is so important it can't wait for a safer moment? What did these fools do before cell phones? What was their excuse then?

unionrdr said:
Good one truck dad. Before I retired,I had to drive to Cleveland & back everyday. I saw this so many times...What's the point of cutting off a vehicle that weighs more than a Brontosaur? And if I didn't get cut off,or nearly T-boned at least 3 times a day,somethings off. Then the ones that are weaving in & out of lanes at 80 or 90MPH yapping on a cell phone. What in the world is so important it can't wait for a safer moment? What did these fools do before cell phones? What was their excuse then?

They probably came from Massachusetts so that would have made them Massholes!

What annoys me as much as anything is when people *try* to be nice, but violate the rules of the road by doing so. Like, I'm pulling up to an intersection, someone else is already there, but instead of them taking their turn they wave me on. Obviously, when the cars are moving it's a bigger deal. But, you know... we have rules of the road for a reason. Two cars come to an intersection at the same time, the car on the right has the right of way. When you arbitrarily suspend those rules, even when trying to be "nice," you make it more dangerous for everyone.

If I'm wanting to move over, and there's no chance of getting in behind the guy who won't let me in, I start moving over. He better make some room.

I've learned to get in the correct lane as early as possible when in big city traffic. Those people don't care about signals.

What annoys me as much as anything is when people *try* to be nice, but violate the rules of the road by doing so. Like, I'm pulling up to an intersection, someone else is already there, but instead of them taking their turn they wave me on. Obviously, when the cars are moving it's a bigger deal. But, you know... we have rules of the road for a reason. Two cars come to an intersection at the same time, the car on the right has the right of way. When you arbitrarily suspend those rules, even when trying to be "nice," you make it more dangerous for everyone.

This.

Lady, it's not a 4-way stop. YOU have the frakking right of way, so GO!

cabal09 said:
How about the morons that won't get into the passing lane when you are trying to merge onto the interstate. Or the ones who only do 40 on the on ramp when the interstate speed is 70!

This, especially in construction. For about 8 months, they've been doing repairs on the big bridge that goes over the Milwaukee harbor. Nearly everyone knows that the on-ramp to the bridge has been moved and that there is now a very short space in which to merge, and there are plenty of signs, yet some dimwits just cruise along not getting out of the way of merging traffic.

The other thing that drives me NUTS are when people wait, and wait, and wait for someone to back out of a parking spot. Sure, if you're driving through a parking lot and you see tail lights/backup lights come on, stop and take that spot. But I want to throttle the people who see someone walking through the lot and then hit their brakes to see where that person is going, then wait for that person to get to their car, put their crap in the trunk, get into the car, etc., all to grab the parking spot. Meanwhile, a half dozen cars are backed up behind that nimrod.

As a truck driver who hauls a tanker, I've got to say the dumb a$$e$ who just can not stand to be behind a truck no matter what. Pass me, get in front of me, then hit the brakes and pull into the next driveway because they had to be in front of the truck and couldn't wait 15 more seconds to get in that driveway. BTW, you have any idea how long it takes a truck going 35 mph with a 50 foot wavepool behind it that weighs almost 90000 lbs to stop? I'll let you know as soon I get the pieces of you car out from under my truck.

lol! the best.

i have to admit - sometimes I am that guy. i have no idea why that is. I think it's mainly the inability to see around you.

truckndad said:

Your not one of those a%^*+=l truckers that decide they want to pass another truck on a hill are you? I hate those guys the most.

For the record, you guys named almost everything that pisses me off while I drive. I'm sure there is at least one more.

People who drive faster than the speed limit. What makes them think that they are so important that they have to increase risk to my life and limb. How come the idiots cannot leave 2 minutes earlier?

Most of the things already mentioned tick me off. One of my personal favorites usually happens when I’m making a right turn, sometimes after a stop, sometimes at a green light. Often times, I will find that there is a pedestrian crossing legally at the intersection. So, what do I do? I wait. That’s when the d-bag behind me starts laying into his or her horn. Oh, sorry about that, am I making you late for your hair appointment?!!??! Let me just go ahead and mow this person down then, I’m sure they won’t mind!!!

The interstate from the vast western Milwaukee suburbs exits into downtown via Van Buren St. That street is four lanes, one way, from the highway to the center of downtown.

From 7:00 am to 9:00 am, there is no parking on Van Buren because EVERYONE from the western suburbs needs to exit the highway onto that street and we need all four lanes to accommodate the huge volume of traffic.

That, however, doesn't stop oblivious idiots from parking there during the morning rush hour and completely f'ing up the traffic flow for blocks.

Your not one of those a%^*+=l truckers that decide they want to pass another truck on a hill are you? I hate those guys the most.

Nope, not me. I hate those guys too. I've been out here for 21 years. I quit needing to be in a hurry about 20 years ago. Lot of newer, younger drivers out there giving guys like me a bad rep.

I have a little saying...

I can't stand your driving, but I'm willing to put it BEHIND me

My horn is not a request for you to take your only remaining hand off the wheel and use it to tell me your opinion. It means:

1. Pay attention.
2. Push hard on the pedal adjacent to the one currently in use.

Any ********* who tosses cigarette butts out the window.

or tossing any trash out the window, but cigs really grind my gears.

That they don't realize it's my road... and I have every right to complain about their driving since I'm the only one who is allowed to be on my road. (At least this is what my wife says I think.)

truckndad said:
Nope, not me. I hate those guys too. I've been out here for 21 years. I quit needing to be in a hurry about 20 years ago. Lot of newer, younger drivers out there giving guys like me a bad rep.

Then your one of the truckers that I like!!!

People that think their blinker entitles them to a spot in my lane. I've been in this stopped traffic for 3 miles just so I didn't miss my exit, then they drive up and slam on their brakes 1/4 mile from the exit with their blinker on. Then I get to play the stay as close to the person in front of me while I use one hand to drive and the other hand to give them the finger game.

The interstate from the vast western Milwaukee suburbs exits into downtown via Van Buren St. That street is four lanes, one way, from the highway to the center of downtown.

From 7:00 am to 9:00 am, there is no parking on Van Buren because EVERYONE from the western suburbs needs to exit the highway onto that street and we need all four lanes to accommodate the huge volume of traffic.

That, however, doesn't stop oblivious idiots from parking there during the morning rush hour and completely f'ing up the traffic flow for blocks.

ha! I'm glad I get to turn right on that offramp!

Check out www.driveatank.com. You can crush a car with a 70 ton chieftain tank and relieve years of pent up traffic stress. I just did this for my birthday and it was an awesome day.

In Chicago, you don't ask for a lane change, you take it. That's how you have to drive here.

Pretty much how you guys got the name FIB. Cause when you come up here you still drive like that. What really bugs me is when I am driving down the interstate doing 70-ish and some FIB passes me like I am standing still. THEN I get a get a couple miles up the road and a local, not the FIB, is pulled over by a trooper.

Also, what is up with people insisting on following me in my blind spot? I speed up, they speed up. I slow down, they slow down. Get outta my blind spot so I can see you, ya moron!

bnmir said:
Check out www.driveatank.com. You can crush a car with a 70 ton chieftain tank and relieve years of pent up traffic stress. I just did this for my birthday and it was an awesome day.

Nice...I think this is why I like grand theft auto. Sometimes I just drive around waiting for someone to irritate me...then I destroy them.

Latest posts

Back