Heading to Seattle this week, any reccomendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crimsonwine

Reaction score
I am heading up to Seattle this week and wonder...what should I check out for craft brews? I have a rental car..sooooo......free to go anywhere...

Thanks!

Elysian. Try the immortal, and definitely the mens room red.

I also like the redhook brewery.

If you find a Ram sportsbar, the have some good meals and tasters of their beers. Their oktoberfest seasonal is frickin awesome.

There is an s-ton of breweries here really

Elysian is great but you have to check out Black Raven too. Up North is Diamond Knot as well. Down South there is Airways.
Pyramid and Redhook are pretty corporate now.

You could probably find some Pliny the Elder while your in that area if your interested in that one at all.

You could probably find some Pliny the Elder while your in that area if your interested in that one at all.

Noble Fir in Ballad has it sometimes as well as a ton of other good beers. Otherwise you may find it at a Whole Foods but ask because they sometimes keep it in the back.

Pubs: Beveridge Place and Brouwers.
Breweries: Georgetown, Schooner Exact, Mac & Jacks, Black Raven, Big Al's
Bottle Shops: Beer Junction and Full Throttle
Gastropubs: Elliot Bay, Iron Horse, Circa, Porterhouse, Prost, Fierabend, Pike.

IMO Hales, Pyramid, and Redhook are a little too big to waste vacation time on. Seattle is FULL of great pubs and breweries. Enjoy!

Edit: try to get to Super Deli Mart in west Seattle. Trust me on this one. Check them out on twitter. Pm me for restaurant recommendos if you like.

Not exactly in Seattle, but two I really enjoy:

Diamond Knot in Mukilteo, and McMenamins (the one I am familiar with is in Mill Creek, but I believe there is one in Queen Anne as well) - I love the Rubinator at McM's (Ruby Ale + Terminator Stout) :)

Enjoy your time there - seriously great beer, I miss it...

Ram sports bar, they do a Red Ipa that is amazing.Pikes place Market is a must visit. Also If you want great Food, Green Leaf, and Pho Saigon are unbelievable. If you get out to Kent you should check out Larrys Homebrew Supply, they are awesome people.Federal way has a Great Coffee Place called Sweet Cheeks, and the view isn't bad either! There is a Little Japanese place on Pac Highway in Federal Way that is AMAZING but i for the life of me cant not remember the name. Blue C has Amazing Sushi, if you like sushi. Mongolian Grill in Federal Way is also outstanding.

Pubs: Beveridge Place and Brouwers.
Breweries: Georgetown, Schooner Exact, Mac & Jacks, Black Raven, Big Al's
Bottle Shops: Beer Junction and Full Throttle
Gastropubs: Elliot Bay, Iron Horse, Circa, Porterhouse, Prost, Fierabend, Pike.

IMO Hales, Pyramid, and Redhook are a little too big to waste vacation time on. Seattle is FULL of great pubs and breweries. Enjoy!

Edit: try to get to Super Deli Mart in west Seattle. Trust me on this one. Check them out on twitter. Pm me for restaurant recommendos if you like.

^ this guy knows what's up ^

You can throw a rock in any direction and hit a brewery.....

I'd recommend checking out Brouwers and Naked City for their beer selections.

As for brewpubs, Hales, Pyramid, Elysian, Pike are all good. Pyramid is great if you're trying to hit a Mariner's game before or after.

Wow! Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Hope I have time to visit all of them!

I really appreciate it!

The University District near University of Washington has two great spots right across the street from each other:

Shultzy's Sausage: They make their own german, polish, and cajun style sausages and they serve great local craft beer and they also have an EXCELLENT german selection. They serve their beer in metric units.

Big Time Brewery: I think this is the best beer in town. They usually have at least 4 IPAs on tap, one of which is usually a "Hopfest" made with one hop variety. Last time I was there, it was a Citra Hopfest... incredible! All of their beers are amazing, but my favorites were the Decade Imperial IPA and the Old Rip Oatmeal Stout on Nitro.

Just left Pikes on my first day of vacation in Seattle and highly recommend it. Not only do they have some great beers, which I was partial to their Pale Ale & IPA, but the food and service were outstanding. Highly recommend the Salmon as it was amazing - spicy coconut sauce stuffed with crabmeat - delicious!

I was in Seattle for a long time for work and visited multiple breweries. Pyramid is south of downtown near the ball park. Their beer is excellent.

The Beers at Pikes is not that good, but right in the middle of Pikes Market on the water. At least it wasn't when I was there last year.

Elysian is East of down town. You can walk it if you are near the convention center. Their beers are excellent, but the bar and restaurant are not real large. It is worth the hike.

If you are looking for Pliney The Elder, as one of our friends mentioned. There is the Whiskey Bar at 2000 2nd Ave. It is a few blocks north of the Pikes Brewery. I walked it many times for my all time favorite, Pliney The Elder. They keep a keg if available, and most people don't know it is there. Call ahead and check: (206) 443-4490.

Have Fun
David

There is an Elysian near Qwest field as well, just south of downtown.

Hope you get out to some unique establishments and breweries! I usually have a good time at Pike, but it does get dang crowded.

Another great place to check out is Maritime Pacific's Jolly Roger Taproom in the Ballard neighborhood!

Another great place to check out is Maritime Pacific's Jolly Roger Taproom in the Ballard neighborhood!

yep, that is a great place especially in the winter will Jolly Roger on tap, hit up Thai Tom in the U-district if you like Thai too, that is a must stop when this transplant goes back home :(

yep, that is a great place especially in the winter will Jolly Roger on tap, hit up Thai Tom in the U-district if you like Thai too, that is a must stop when this transplant goes back home :(

Jolly Roger is on tap year round now. :ban:

And YES! Thai Tom is awesome!

Latest posts

Back