What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coke zero fat fat lunch (Wendy's)

Checked out a review for Zombie Dust color since I am brewing the clone tomorrow. Found this gem: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WTeflNpMbyY So, is the beer pungent or astringent?

I came to dislike this even faster than that dumb Mt. Dew commercial from the Super Bowl. He needs to put the thesaurus down and log off his BA account. Oh, and no way in the world the head on that pour equaled two of those pork sausages he calls fingers. :D

Ah, no, I don't deal with marketing people. I get the problem now. You are "leveraging your market share, etc. etc."

I use it all the time because I am negotiating deals. I have discussions with clients about what their negotiating leverage is, given the circumstances, so that they do not overplay or underplay their hand. In that context, I cannot imagine another word to use.

"Why don't we leverage, right, the web services built by the off-shore team, right, so we can leverage our data warehouse on a one-to-one, right, relationship rather than, right, introducing a load balancer, right, into our current infrastructure. It's the foundation for our operational, right, process."

@Remmy - I've thought about dragging the BK down to the basement to chill. I foresee very bad things whenever I consider it.

@TaxReturns - if you are getting a big refund, you are doing it wrong.

@Finsfan - Hi, Finsfan.

I am not sure if @Billy-Klubb would appreciate being dragged down to the basement. Then again, if there is beer down there he may enjoy it.

Water, Only an hour and some minutes left til I can leave for home and figure out if I have enough motivation to clear out some more space in the garage and locate all of my brewing gear. I may be able to get a brewday in soon. I am way overdue.

I came to dislike this even faster than that dumb Mt. Dew commercial from the Super Bowl. He needs to put the thesaurus down and log off his BA account. Oh, and no way in the world the head on that pour equaled two of those pork sausages he calls fingers. :D

Wow, wow, wow!
noxSquare.jpg

He needs to put the thesaurus down and log off his BA account. Oh, and no way in the world the head on that pour equaled two of those pork sausages he calls fingers. :D

lol...I would say he needs to pick up a thesaurus and a dictionary and look up the word astringent and find the real word he was making up.
9d488c4dd6b949416c85906c5bd7a4c3d3163632d5606a6a068e487c0f3a2d73.jpg

Let me just say that the majority of the craft beer geeks completely make **** up.

I have to re-post this nonsense. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTeflNpMbyY[/ame]

It's like Pete Carroll at the goal line - STOP OUTSMARTING YOURSELVES. It's BEER.

I think the Citra hop is the most hipster hop there is. Many people review Citra beers and talk about their grapefruit/orange quality. Most other American hops give you grapefruit and orange. Pisses me off. I think it's simply the name that gets people to fall for the beer. Look at NEBCO's Fuzzy Baby Ducks single-hopped citra IPA - I thought it was one of their middle-of-the-road beers and whenever it's on-tap, there are 3-hour waits for it. The beer name and the hops that are in it make people go ape **** over it. ****ing stupids.

Sea Hag and Gandhi are the two best beers that brewery makes. Oops. That's my opinion.

@nukebrewer where are you when I need you?

Let me just say that the majority of the craft beer geeks completely make **** up.

I have to re-post this nonsense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTeflNpMbyY

It's like Pete Carroll at the goal line - STOP OUTSMARTING YOURSELVES. It's BEER.

I think the Citra hop is the most hipster hop there is. Many people review Citra beers and talk about their grapefruit/orange quality. Most other American hops give you grapefruit and orange. Pisses me off. I think it's simply the name that gets people to fall for the beer. Look at NEBCO's Fuzzy Baby Ducks single-hopped citra IPA - I thought it was one of their middle-of-the-road beers and whenever it's on-tap, there are 3-hour waits for it. The beer name and the hops that are in it make people go ape **** over it. ****ing stupids.

Sea Hag and Gandhi are the two best beers that brewery makes. Oops. That's my opinion.

@nukebrewer where are you when I need you?

Preach it brother. I used to want his reviews a while ago and stopped. I think he is a little better than dar but his mannerisms gets annoying and also the **** load of beer his has puts mine to shame. Also says constantly that he doesnt like sours yet always gets them :drunk:.

I'm with fins on this one. Nice to have a thermometer on the BK for when you are chilling the wort down. Not needed but nice.

Plus you get to look at the thermometer while waiting to get to a boil and estimate if you have time to run downstairs and get a beer before it really gets boiling. :)

True. Looking for a SS one soon. How do you go down stairs on the first floor? :drunk: Sometimes wish that we have basements here in Texas.

I like citra dry-hopped beers.

Hey, any of you guys want a drawing done? Apparently everyone and their brother in this funking building does, so might as well just ask around.

*grumble*

Preach it brother. I used to want his reviews a while ago and stopped. I think he is a little better than dar but his mannerisms gets annoying and also the **** load of beer his has puts mine to shame. Also says constantly that he doesnt like sours yet always gets them :drunk:.

True. Looking for a SS one soon. How do you go down stairs on the first floor? :drunk: Sometimes wish that we have basements here in Texas.

I know most homes in the southern states (NC, SC, GA, FL, etc.) don't have basements. But, Texas? You cheap ****s. :p

I like citra dry-hopped beers.

Hey, any of you guys want a drawing done? Apparently everyone and their brother in this funking building does, so might as well just ask around.

*grumble*

My recipe for this weekend includes 2 oz of Citra @ dry hop... that should suffice (along with the other 3 oz of Cascade/Simcoe or Chinook (haven't decided, based on what's available @ LHBS).

Should have a nice aroma. Not as much as the Orange Mango that Billy just reviewed, but it'll be there. Nice and Juicy.

I think the Citra hop is the most hipster hop there is.

It's true, ppl lose their ****ing minds over it. If I told them one of my IPAs had Citra in it, (and it didnt) they would totally believe me. That profile is fairly easy to achieve with other citrusy American hops. This weekend will be my first time using them in a pale ale.

I can't decide what's worse to say, right for no apparent reason, or two finger head. IME The amount of head is directly related to how the beer is poured. Fast = lots of head.

My recipe for this weekend includes 2 oz of Citra @ dry hop... that should suffice (along with the other 3 oz of Cascade/Simcoe or Chinook (haven't decided, based on what's available @ LHBS).

Should have a nice aroma. Not as much as the Orange Mango that Billy just reviewed, but it'll be there. Nice and Juicy.

It's a fact. Citra "sounds" cooler than it is. That's the problem.

You're so hipster.

But it's effervescent...and robust...

It's all fun and games until he gets bopped upside the head. :D

Oh, wait. You thought that last beer you had was 85/100? That's right, until you found out it was a single-hopped Citra beer. Then you rated it 97/100.

You can't deny it, Remmy. You can clearly smell the effervescence and the robustness is palatable.

I would clearly pour that beer over his head while you videotape it.

@Remmy - I've thought about dragging the BK down to the basement to chill. I foresee very bad things whenever I consider it.

@TaxReturns - if you are getting a big refund, you are doing it wrong.

@Finsfan - Hi, Finsfan.

why do you say if your getting a big tax refund your doing it wrong? just curious

why do you say if your getting a big tax refund your doing it wrong? just curious

Let me ask you this. Why would you feel good if the fed held your $ longer than it had to? Yes, that's right, I said YOUR MONEY. Those are funds you could be investing elsewhere. The fact is, you are lending the government money for a longer period of time than you should. I try to minimize, any way possible, what I get back during tax season.

it's a free loan to the gubment

This^^

You pay $X in taxes, either during the year or with your tax return.

If you get a tax refund of $10,000, you paid $X + $10,000 during the year and are just getting your own $10,000 back. I would rather just leave that $10,000 in my pocket and not give it to Uncle Sam to give back to me.

Because you're letting the government hold on to your money for the whole year, interest free.

You could play with your withholding allowances and other flex-type programs to get that "extra" money that would've gone to Uncle Sam on every paycheck and put it into an account which pays you interest.

You don't get more money at the end of the year (money owed to you for overpaying taxes), but you're making it all year.

My wife hates it, but it's been three years now and she's starting to come around.

Wow, I suddenly like you guys. You're speaking my language.

200_s.gif

I know most homes in the southern states (NC, SC, GA, FL, etc.) don't have basements. But, Texas? You cheap ****s. :p

He's in Houston. They're closer to the Gulf of Mexico than where I'm living now is.

Preach it brother. I used to want his reviews a while ago and stopped. I think he is a little better than dar but his mannerisms gets annoying and also the **** load of beer his has puts mine to shame. Also says constantly that he doesnt like sours yet always gets them :drunk:

Personally, I have a hard time watching _any_ video beer review. It takes too damn long to watch what I could read in less than 30 seconds. Unless you're going to script it and actually be funny, don't bother. Me and a buddy were going to do that. I would do a 'serious' review with all the flowery proper judge language, and then he would chug it and just say something like "that **** is good" or spit it out and ask if I was trying to poison him and put it all in perspective. But I can't be bothered to actually coordinate and video it.

on the tax subject,

i think of it differently, its just me tho and i do what works for me. i claim 0 on my w-4 then claim 1 on my w-2. i know myself and am more likely to spend that extra a month then likely to invest it. when i get my refund back i use it to pay of debt from the year or make a purchase i would be less likely to save for during the year. like i said this is just what works for me, i dont lose sleep over giving the goverenment a so called free loan... im sure i will get beat up for this statement but i think alot of people are like me and do the same

afternoon coffee

Because you're letting the government hold on to your money for the whole year, interest free.

You could play with your withholding allowances and other flex-type programs to get that "extra" money that would've gone to Uncle Sam on every paycheck and put it into an account which pays you interest.

You don't get more money at the end of the year (money owed to you for overpaying taxes), but you're making it all year.

My wife hates it, but it's been three years now and she's starting to come around.

Mine was not large but seems I got some back from work and house. Guess i need to find a way to lower it more. I agree on all above. Right now I like to get some extra (my) money back I can splurge or spend on extra goodies ie new SS equipment/Vacation I was unable to save up during the year

He's in Houston. They're closer to the Gulf of Mexico than where I'm living now is.

Personally, I have a hard time watching _any_ video beer review. It takes too damn long to watch what I could read in less than 30 seconds. Unless you're going to script it and actually be funny, don't bother. Me and a buddy were going to do that. I would do a 'serious' review with all the flowery proper judge language, and then he would chug it and just say something like "that **** is good" or spit it out and ask if I was trying to poison him and put it all in perspective. But I can't be bothered to actually coordinate and video it.

Is your friend Billy-Klubb?

on the tax subject,

i think of it differently, its just me tho and i do what works for me. i claim 0 on my w-4 then claim 1 on my w-2. i know myself and am more likely to spend that extra a month then likely to invest it. when i get my refund back i use it to pay of debt from the year or make a purchase i would be less likely to save for during the year. like i said this is just what works for me, i dont lose sleep over giving the goverenment a so called free loan... im sure i will get beat up for this statement but i think alot of people are like me and do the same

afternoon coffee

There is some validity to this. But I am a saver by nature and manage my money and investments very closely. I do not have the "if it's in my pocket, I'm going to spend it" problem, so I would just assume have the extra money in my account and not theirs.

Mine was not large but seems I got some back from work and house. Guess i need to find a way to lower it more. I agree on all above. Right now I like to get some extra (my) money back I can splurge or spend on extra goodies ie new SS equipment/Vacation I was unable to save up during the year

That's another added benefit of not getting a huge return... large sum of money goes into your account at once.

"BAM! LIQUID! ALRIGHT! I got a 3k tax return and I'm going to go buy all that stuff I wanted."

Well, you could have had that all year. You're actually spending money you earned, just waiting until Feb/March/Spring to use it.

Just my opinion anyway... not going to say I didn't like the big returns before I realized there was a better way.

Back