Passow Brews: Bell's Best Brown Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imaguitargod

Reaction score
Well, cranked the brew house up last night and did a Bell's Best Brown Ale clone. I love brown ales and have been meaning to do one that I would oak age. I'm soaking the oak spirles (French Medium Toast) in some bourbon so one this is done it's will be a bourbon oaked agged brew.

brown1.jpg

brown2.jpg

I checked this morning and there is no yeast activity (must start making starters from now on) which has me concerned...and yes, I did pitch the yeast.

Ancient age, the mark of truly refined tastes! Probably my favorite six dollar bourbon on the market today, seriously I really like it alot.

Ancient age, the mark of truly refined tastes! Probably my favorite six dollar bourbon on the market today, seriously I really like it alot.

Serves two purposes, soaking oak and getting drunk. :mug:

Actually, once I remove the oak from the glass, I'm going to strain it's contents out and drink it....god it's going to be soooooooooo oaky!!!

Back