New Kettle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batinse

Reaction score
I finally dropped some coin on a new stainless-steel kettle after using a 6.5 gallon kettle for 6-gallon batches since I started doing all-grain a couple years ago. My new kettle is 53-quarts and much thicker/better quality than the old cheapo model.

I'm taking it to my welder friend tomorrow to get outfitted with a ball-valve and sight-glass. Then I'm picking up an outdoor burner and brewing like a fiend next weekend. I'm mad stoked.

Things are looking up--hello ten-gallon batches! (And concomitant liver rot...)

Congrats, that's a serious kettle!

Let's see, 13 gallon pot. . .a friend who welds. . .I predict a custom brew stand in the near future! :mug:

Oh yes. I've been thinking for awhile about how to broach the subject. I'm thinking: "Hey, can you weld me a brewstand?"

BiMart is a NW employee owned store. I picked up a 58,000 btu burner this weekend for 29 bucks. Looked at a few places and this one was the most sturdy I saw and the price was more than right. Didn't need it but had to pick one up.

Ahh, thanks for the tip. I might need to nip down to Seattle or Portland to see my "uncle."

And I got my sight glass from Bobby, believe it! Even with shipping to the Great White North, you can't beat it for price or quality.

Back