Miller/Coors home draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalnx

Reaction score
Ok, I'm pretty excited about this option for bottling/kegging (my keezer is full of beef so I can't finish that project anyhow.) I love the portability of this vs. a keg and jockey box, or a box of bottles.

I started down this road last night,

step 1. Drink 1.5 gallons of coors light. Fell a couple glasses short, will finish tonight.

step 2. Tonight sugar prime batch to be bottled, fill home draft bottle leaving say 12 oz worth of head space in the bottle, screw tap back on.

step 3. Wait 2-3 weeks, chill overnight, remove tap to release pressure, replace tap, add new co2, and enjoy.

If that process is fine, the next question I have is how long has anyone kept plastic bottled beer in storage, mid 60's type basement storage. I know there are people out there who have done 1 and 2 liter plastic bottling, has this caused any problems.

I sent an e-mail out to all of my freinds who like to drink my home brew, to get them to help out on my cause and drink a few of these so I can have the empties. I can see having 6 or 8 of these on the shelf.:mug:

There is another really long thread out there about them, but it seems like people have kept beer in them for extended periods of time, and been just fine. I've got 1.5gallons of pumpkin ale sitting in one right now at home.

I'm getting ticked off at my Coord HD. First, it won't work with my blue Tap-a Draft bottles. Beer leaks out the threads--even though I have it on there tight. Now, it seems to be leaking CO2, even when i'm using the brown bottle that came with it.
My T-A-D is startng to peter out, too. I'm getting sick of flat beer every couple of days. I'm honeslty thinking bout calling it a day for mini-kegging and just go back to bottling for now.

I thought mine was leaking CO2 too, but it was just blowing off the extra pressure of the CO2 cart I had. When it quit hissing I still got good pours for better than half of the bottle.

YMMV

I'm getting ticked off at my Coord HD. First, it won't work with my blue Tap-a Draft bottles. Beer leaks out the threads--even though I have it on there tight. Now, it seems to be leaking CO2, even when i'm using the brown bottle that came with it.
My T-A-D is startng to peter out, too. I'm getting sick of flat beer every couple of days. I'm honeslty thinking bout calling it a day for mini-kegging and just go back to bottling for now.

how about some teflon tape on those threads? That might seal it up right.

Ugh. You actually drank 1.5 gallons of Coors. You really want that home draft, eh? :D

I prefer a char-grilled ribeye, but will still go to McDonalds....
Besides that ninth one goes down pretty smooooooth.:drunk:

Yeah, I'll have to mess around some more with them. Teflon tape works with my actual T-A-D--though I think the regulator stopped working after I dropped the tapper. Now, when i put a cartridge in it it just keeps shooting CO2 into the bottle for about three minutes.

I fianlly got around to bottling yesterday. I just primed the whole 5 gallons with 2/3 cup sugar. Ive heard that you should use les in these bottles than standard 12-22oz bottles. I hope I don't have issues.

I'd imagine it'll be OK, I think they vent automatically if there is too much pressure.

I haven't seen one. But teflon tape is meant for tapered pipe threads where the threads and the taper make the seal (wedging itself in). Its not for straight pipe thread (yes it exists) where an o-ring/gasket does the sealing. Plus, teflon tape is more a lubricant then a sealant.

Back