Bells maple ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no1likesme

Reaction score
Bells maple ale is an amber ale brewed with maple syrup from Shepherd, Michigan. As far as I know it is only available on tap at the Shepherd Bar, in shepherd, mi.

When I talked to the owner of the bar today he said that there was a total of six kegs of this brewed for the maple syrup festival this weekend. They used a total of five gallons of maple syrup for the three barrel batch.

I had two pints of this today and I quite liked it. In the glass it was an almost opaque amber color with some orange hue. It tasted a lot like their normal amber ale except that it had a little heavier mouth feel, was a bit sweeter, and had a distinct maple finish.

I don't know if anyone else from HBT will be attending the maple syrup festival but I decided that I would post this anyway just in case.

BTW: if anyone else is planning on trying this either Saturday or Sunday, shoot me a pm and we may be able to meet for a pint. :mug:

Back