Big Easy Express (mumford, old crow, ES&MZ)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
91.9 wfpk, awesome local npr all music station, offered a members and guests free screening of this movie.

Really gave an awesome insight into these 3 bands.

The station does a free concert series through the warm months on the waterfront each month, now expanding it all year with an inside venue seasonally.

I had loved Mumford, and Old Crow, but knew little of Ed and the magnetic 0's.

Seeing them live was nearly a religeous experience. ("live" as in not in the studio raw recorded) Edward Sharp leaps around more than seemed humanly possible.

A MUST see for anyone who likes any 1 of these bands. You will become a fan of all 3.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxDASw6Ry9c[/ame]

I love Old Crow and Mumford, just can't agree with you on Edward Sharpe &MZ. I saw ES at Wakarusa(huge music fest in Arkansas) this year and was definitely unimpressed with their performance, could have been a bad set though. It just seemed sloppy and that they were trying to be noisy rather than sound good. Saw Avett Brothers there as well and their set was comparably disappointing, a show I was really looking forward to. I saw Mumford at Waka 2011 and they were insanely good, like PERFECT good. They were so tight and they jammed on every song and sounded awesome. I haven't been able to catch an Old Crow show, last time I had the chance I was sidelined with a broken leg. Speaking of cross-country railroad tours, Willie Nelson and Band of Horses just had to cancel their 2012 Railroad Revival tour, they weren't coming through my town but still disappointed they had to cancel. I would murder and eat my neighbor's dog to see Band of Horses in an intimate venue.

Ed and the m 0's are epic. (google home is wherever I'm with you) but live, the songs are almost unrecognizable, but the energy is amazing.

For you, they are a studio band. But I bet the jury is out as to whether they are better live or recorded.

I'm a big OCMS fan, but I think I'm the only person in the free world who doesn't like Mumford. Not too familiar with Edward Sharp, but his voice reminds me of a Prius commercial.

TJinWV said:
I'm a big OCMS fan, but I think I'm the only person in the free world who doesn't like Mumford. Not too familiar with Edward Sharp, but his voice reminds me of a Prius commercial.

Mumford are great, but kinda 1 dimensional to me. Strum strastrumstrum strum strum and so on.

Unless prius commercials got surprisingly earthy and somewhat hick since I ditched tv, Im not with you on this.

Their song 'Home' was used in a Prius ad, I believe. I've heard their album and seen them live, just can't get into it.

Tex said:
Their song 'Home' was used in a Prius ad, I believe. I've heard their album and seen them live, just can't get into it.

Yeah, not sure how into them I'll get.

My point was mostly that the radio station is awesome, and the film was fascinating.

Latest posts

Back