How many have you converted?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecojack

Reaction score
So far, I've had 2 of my good friends start making their own beer after they sampled some of mine. One of my roommates wants to get started too!
I started brewing after I tried a brew a good friend of mine made. :mug:

How many people have you sucked into this awesome hobby?

I had a lot of friends who were interested at the beginning. A few in the last couple years actually started. But, after a few beers, most of them quit because they didn't feel like making time for it.

well, I "converted" 2 before I started brewing or was at least responsible for their brewing, and when i actually started, I brought 2 more with me so I'll call it 3.5... being generous to myself

Tons....but they've all quit! Out of the large group of us that started 10+ years ago, i'm the only one left. I have had gaps in my brewing so i hold out hope that some may come back but it doesn't look that way. :(

My friends are too smart to convert.

They know I brew and don't drink much so they "help me" deplete stocks so I can brew again.

Lots of people interested but consider themselves too dumb/lazy to do it. Got 2 people actually brewing, got 1 still planning to (doesn't have the money right now). That's for beer. Wine, I must have gotten like 6 people.

I've been amazed to find the number of brewers at my place of work which employs 5000+ people. Once I started putting beer stuff up around my office, people started showing up at my desk, asking questions about all grain, telling about recent brews, etc. In the last year I think I've talked 3 or 4 into going all-grain from extract.

Back