Recipes calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klars

Reaction score
Is there such a program where you enter your inventory and out pops possible recipes?

I am having some issues combining my "stock" with recipes as I am always missing some ingredient and I am not at the level where I am comfortable switching out ingredients. Although I am great at run on sentences. ;)

sure is, and you've found it! just toss out what you got and im sure you'll end up with a number of ideas

You can set BeerSmith to only show items you have in stock so that as you build your recipe, your only options are things you already have. You can switch this on or off for each type of item. So e.g., if you want to use the grain and hops you've already got but know you'll have to get yeast you can have it display all yeasts in the database.

As far as food...i remember a program called "Masterchef" and you could put your ingredients in and out popped recipes.

Back to beer...

I have

9lbs pilsen DME
3lbs wheat DME
4lbs carafoam
1lb crystal 120l
1lb crystal 10l
1oz simcoe
1oz galena
2oz Centennial
1oz Tett
10oz Cascade
4oz EKG

Commercial brews I like:

Full Sail IPA
Newcastle Brown
Dales Pale Ale
Drop Top
Red Racer IPA (brewed in Surrey, BC)
Rogue Yellow Snow IPA
Duvel
Leffes

Any ideas? Really I am looking for a goto session beer that is close to an IPA, but one you can have a 1/2 dozen and not reap the "rewards" the next day.

I can do full boils (5g) on my stove.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

I really don't mean this to sound condescending but are you really looking for us to do all the work for you? I mean you've got ingredients and equipment... make some beer. There are more than a dozen IPA recipes posted on here every week; substitute the ingredients in one of those recipes with some of the ingredients you've got, and adjust to shoot for an ABV of less than 5% (session level).

Here's an IPA I've made and like, adjusted for an ABV of 4.71%, adjusting the hops down a little for the lower OG, and using the crystal you have instead of the C40 in my original recipe. The original is similar to Harpoon IPA. What's this one going to taste like? Beer.
5.5 lbs pilsen DME
0.25 lbs crystal L120
0.25 lbs crystal L10
1 oz Cascade (60 min)
1 oz Cascade (10 min)
1 oz Cascade (5 min)
1 oz Cascade (0 min)
2 oz Cascade (dryhop 7 days)
Wyeast 1056/WLP001

How about something with a DPA-like hop schedule
5lb Pils DME
0.5lb C10