new house means new brewing strategy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1080

Reaction score
So in a couple of weeks ill be moving from an apartment to a three bedroom house!!:ban: but.... unfortunatly it doesnt have a garage, or screened in porch (most houses/ apartments in charleston do except this one...go figure) and no deck. Soooo, this is making me rethink things. The SWMBO is giving me an entire room for brewing :rockin: however, I still cant brew indoors. Currently Im using a hurricane burner and I dont feel very comfortable using it indoors. So, I started looking into electricity and came across this website How to Build an Electric Homebrewing Heatstick Audio Tutorial Podcast and Step by Step Photo Instructions which seemed like a perfectly reasonable solution except im not sure how expensive/safe it would be to run two of them at 2200v for roughly 2 hours. So I think these are my two choices...

1. section off a part of an already fairly small yard and get some patio bricks with a mosquito net to make a small brewing area out back.(and make SWMBO happy because for whatever reason she likes this idea more then 4400v heat sticks running.)

OR

2. go ahead and build the heat sticks (which I think would be very ideal given the situation) so I can just brew indoors.

Any thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, or insults are appreciated.

cheers:mug:

i built the heatstick from this podcast. really good info and the heatstick came out perfect! i highly recomend it. it works really well, too. also, you can buy a ranco or love temp controller and wire your heatstick to it. just type in your mash temp and let the temp controller keep it there. when you are ready to boil, just plug the heatstick right into the wall and go to town!

Latest posts

Back