Good news and GREAT news!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajbram

Reaction score
The good news first:

Last night I consumed a pint of what may have arguably been the best IPA that has ever passed over my tastebuds. It poured a glowing orange/amber with a moderate hop haze and a dense white head that lasted until the end of the pint. The aroma was full of resinous pine and floral notes, with a noticeable grapefruitiness underneath. When it first hit my tongue, it had loads of esters backed by the punch of 108 IBU, but as I savoured and swallowed each sip, it mellowed into lingering citrus and subtle, well balanced residual sweetness. In other words this was a hop-bomb, but a very subtle one. Like a firecracker that goes off with a big bang, but finishes with intricate sparkles of colour and light.... This was good stuff!

The GREAT news:

I MADE THIS! I bottled it a couple weeks ago and there are still 46 bottles in my brew cupboard!

Great hobby or the GREATEST hobby?:mug:

Greatest! Glad to hear it. Nothing beats having one of your own and it being one of the best you've ever had. Cheers!

Congrats!! I did a similar thing last night poured my girls favorite beer magic hat #9 and gave it to her and she said this tastes better than normal and I smiled saying " well thats because its the #9 clone i made for ya" HAHA we are truly in the greatest hobby!

That sounds like my kinda brew would you happen to have the recipe?

It's definitely a good feeling when you try your own beer and it is amazing. I'm very critical of my own beers, but the last 2 batches I made blew me away.

My mom hates IPAs, but she loved the last IPA I made. It's awesome, homebrewing is the best.

It looks like this ...... Wish I could post a taste for all of you.

Invincible IPA.jpg

Back