Banjo burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoundersBrew

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I posted this in general, but thought it was a better fit in DIY. Just got my Banjo burner an high pressure regulator from Northern Brewer. You guys that have these, what do you set the orifice to?

I don't have the answer to your question, but probably the same question...

My 3 BG14's just arrived today from Agri Supply ($120 shipped). I threw a pic up of them on my beer's facebook page here. Can't wait to get these things online and operational...now I just need something to mount them to and get them hooked up. So close, yet so far away!

Hey guys,
I posted this in general, but thought it was a better fit in DIY. Just got my Banjo burner an high pressure regulator from Northern Brewer. You guys that have these, what do you set the orifice to?

Not sure what you mean buy setting the orifice. The jet into the burner is a fixed diameter(orifice) unless you need to drill it out. The only other adjusntments are your HP regulator and your needle valve (highly recomended) to the burner. You can also adjust the air intake and shoot for the blue flame. Hope this helps.

Yes, I was talking about the air intake, I adjusted it until I got blue....what is a needle valve? I just used everything that came with the regulator kit. There was an extra brass piece nb sent me. Is this what you call a needle valve?

Yes, I was talking about the air intake, I adjusted it until I got blue....what is a needle valve? I just used everything that came with the regulator kit. There was an extra brass piece nb sent me. Is this what you call a needle valve?

You likely got two gas orifices - one for propane and the other for LPG.

Cheers!

Besides, aren't lp and propane the same?

Yes, LP stands for liquid propane. The smaller orifice is for high pressure propane. The one with the larger hole is likely sized for low pressure propane, and can be drilled out slightly larger for use with NG (natural gas).

Back