What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it works out in the end. I just realized my mom turned the heat up so my jolly holly ale has fermented at 74 F with s-04. May be ruined.

HB chocolate coconut stout...I have to be up in 7 hours for work but my schedule is all screwy after vacation. Also, my dog snores so loud. I love her.

Thanks me too, I'm gonna blame randy on my beer problems too

Got home twenty minutes too late to get my prized peer package. I see myself taking lunch a couple hours early cause that's when the beer store opens tomorrow. Drinking water as I have come down with the fastest cold onset ever and a 16.5 hour work day to boot. . Bed time for this boy. Don't tell anyone I went a day without beer... they wouldn't believe you anyways.

Get better soon - being sick around the holidays is no fun.

Coffee. Home-brew club meeting tonight, so I have that to get me through the day :)

Coffee atm. External hard drive came in yesterday afternoon, waiting on the 16GB flash drive so I can fix this thing right this time. Need to get some cyber shopping & bill paying done...

No way that it's okay. I just can't see it.
It's MO, 2row, chocolate, caramel, special b, cinnamon, vanilla, orange peel with s-04. I think it'll be a banana bomb. Only 2 oz of hops. May dry hop with an ounce and then add my nutmeg, ginger, vanilla, orange and cinnamon to try and save it.

How long ago did you pitch the yeast. She may have just been giving it a diacetal rest for you.

If fermentation had started before the heat turned up I bet you're ok. The esters from the yeast are normally set 48hrs or so after fermentation starts and the increased temp after usually helps the beer finish and clean up faster.

On to this and then to bed
View attachment 239560

See? Thats what I was saying.

Coffeee. The extra e is for ehh, I dont know where I was going with that one.

Good to see that @Remmy is having a good time, I do not know if he could move there though. Where would he chop his firewood, and I do not see a catbox in sight for him to burn the scraps.

If fermentation had started before the heat turned up I bet you're ok. The esters from the yeast are normally set 48hrs or so after fermentation starts and the increased temp after usually helps the beer finish and clean up faster.

On to this and then to bed
View attachment 239560
I don't actually know when it breached 70F. I know it was 64F the night I pitched the yeast (Sunday), and checking it Tuesday morning I saw it breached 70F.
How long ago did you pitch the yeast. She may have just been giving it a diacetal rest for you.

See? Thats what I was saying.
It was Sunday at 7 pm. We'll see. It smells good but there are orange peels, cinnamon, and vanilla in there. I'll take a sample in a few days and see where it is at.

Water. My head hurts and I have a ton of work to do.

Work hurts today. I think tonight is gonna be a bourbon mixed with ice cubes night.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Have no idea wtf it is. It's a porter though. Didn't care. Just needed a dsrk drink
Well, in that case, I hope it was an Chafunkta Old 504 or Gnarly Barley Korova. lol Just trying to support my brothers.

I recommend everyone to come here. It's phenomenal. I am getting smacked and the tourist blonde bunnies that have lectured me about their problems in rural Tennessee and Montana had no idea I didn't want to have their next baby. ****ing bar sluts.

I support this recommendation. Everyone should experience NOLA at least once in their life.

I don't actually know when it breached 70F. I know it was 64F the night I pitched the yeast (Sunday), and checking it Tuesday morning I saw it breached 70F.
You may very well be fine then. Most of the fusels and esters would have formed in the first 48.

Another orange juice. My body didn't like all of that alcohol last night. I feel hungover. And tonight is supposed to be the big drinking night with the fellas. ****.

@TobyG - Hurricane = liver-killer

Another orange juice. My body didn't like all of that alcohol last night. I feel hungover. And tonight is supposed to be the big drinking night with the fellas. ****.

@TobyG - Hurricane = liver-killer
Yep. Far too sugary. Stay away from the fruit punch. Should have gone to Krewe for Firestarters. ;)

Now drinking Orval. Without question my favourite beer in the whole wide world. At room temperature this bottle has a nice fruity character with a tart after-kick, all courtesy of Brett, a yeast I am falling in love with more and more.

Mostly true. Although last time I was on Frenchmen, it looked like the touristy element was moving in there too. At least the good music clubs are still there.

Frenchman wasn't all that yesterday. Not what I had expected after what my NOLA colleagues had told me about it.

Finally ate something. Another OJ. Still feel hungover.

Malt Liquor. Spurs vs. Chelski. Home just in time for the 2nd half. And hoping someone can knock Moscow's finest off their horse for once.

20141203_160237[1].jpg

Did it a few times in college. Not as amazing to watch as you think. Really hurts when the cap slips and slices your gums up. Even worse if you chip a tooth (luckily I never did that). Not gonna do it again. If I can open a bottle of beer with a piece of 8.5X11 paper, I am sure I can find something to open a bottle with. Speaking of which, its time to mosey over to the old beer fridge and pick out something to drink.

It really is quite amazing what you can open a beer with when you want to drink said beer. Almost anything is a possibility.

Back