What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprise to see remmy still on this late lol

Last beer of the night

"I want to be smart as a horse and hung like Einstein"

1395627488235.jpg

Thats pretty much how I feel. And to totally honest, with all the amazing IPA's that have come out in the last 1-2 years, I feel Pliny is just blending in with all of them. Its SO overhyped, and not really sure how its still in the top 3.

Like I said, to ME, Blind Pig is better. Doesn't mean it has to be for everyone. The hop aroma and flavor in the Pig was SO much brighter, fresher, and more of what I was looking for. The Pig was bottled 4 days ago, and the Pliny was bottled 1.5 weeks ago. So both are super fresh. Just prefer the Pig over the Pliny. If you want one of each in a trade to try them again we could probably work something out :)

Hey you can pm me. If you think you like something from the Midwest, don't ask me for any Surly though I cant get any but I can hook you up with some that are worthy of pliny. Two brothers comes to mind, I like Cane and ebel a red rye ipa. As well as other Illinois stuff except Three Floydes which is technically IN. Most New Glarus stuff I only get once or twice a year also. Most Founders is easy for me. I could throw in some local Iowa stuff as well,which I think is above average. I cant get any Topling Goliteth stuff yet but am working on it,as they are working on distribution also.

Thats pretty much how I feel. And to totally honest, with all the amazing IPA's that have come out in the last 1-2 years, I feel Pliny is just blending in with all of them. Its SO overhyped, and not really sure how its still in the top 3.
I will say, though, I'm happy I had the chance to try it. It's not a bad beer, but it just can't compete with all the amazing IPA/DIPAs available. I'll have to try a Blind Pig one day.

Found 2 bottles of this hiding in the keezer when I went to carb up the red I kegged today.

Past their prime, which wasn't all that 'prime' to begin with
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395627731.474016.jpg

Not yet! All day in Philly tomorrow, then heading west. Should be making some brewery stops Tuesday...at least one...then maybe a bottle shop or good store.

Having a Yards Philadelphia Pale Ale right now. Meh. No urge to bring any of this one home.

Man! Do much fun ahead! Be safe!

Addicting as hell.

Tostones.

Sent from my mobile device. /rant

Oh man, I love plantains. I had a dish one time that was fried plantains with slow cooked pork and topped with melted cheese. It was amazing. I'll be making these very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well, I did say the Pliny was my only Beer of the night.

Poured a glass of Jameson with a single ice cube. Not a full glass, about 2 oz.. Love this stuff!

Oh man, I love plantains. I had a dish one time that was fried plantains with slow cooked pork and topped with melted cheese. It was amazing. I'll be making these very soon.

Im hungry? :p Plus eff MOnday. !

Now a small pour of Redbreast 12 yr Irish Whisky. If you think Jameson is good, you havn't tried this. So much smoother. Amazing what 12 years can do.

Edit. Meant to quote Mark on the Prairie Bomb. It was my favorite of the 4 Prairie stouts I had.

Anyone know the availability of these in tx? I am heading to Austin / San Antonio in early may and hope to locate some Prairie stouts

Unless you're there right around the release date, don't get your hopes up. The Noir stuck around a little longer after the 2nd release, but still not everywhere. You might stumble on a couple tho.

Crappy airport coffee. Car got a flat this morning on the highway on the way here. Luckily I had extra time and another car sent relatively soon. Nice cold wake up helping the driver on the side of the highway tho.

Hope the rest of the week is smoother. Vacation countdown clock is on!

More Coff. Need some caffeine before this workout.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395676086.560699.jpg
Vacation day today drinking New Belgium Ranger picked up a 12 pack for $16. I really like the flavor of this beer the price just nakes it that much better.

View attachment 188155
Vacation day today drinking New Belgium Ranger picked up a 12 pack for $16. I really like the flavor of this beer the price just nakes it that much better.

Definitely my go to IPA. It's got great flavor and you can't beat the price. It's the first IPA I ever tried and still one of my favorites.

Water. Lunch.

Got to make it home before the porch bomb freezes!

Back