Are these the only Mead kits i can find online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenchu_11

Reaction score
I love brew kits means no work i know everything is there and they make pretty decent brews. So i was checking out this new brew store (atleast to me) and I was surprise to find out they had actual mead kits. The link is below so people can check them out.

http://beer-wine-brewing.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23_115

(I do apologize in advance if it breaks some sort of advertising clause for this forum by all means i'm not telling people to shop from them just an example).

Instead of buying huge ammounts or alot of small 3lb or 1lb of mead at a time its an actual kit. Can some one tell me if they seem pretty complete kits and if so is this the only online brew store that offers mead kits? Any good or bad expirences with Mead kits? 1....2..3...go!

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/other-products/mead-cider/meads.html

Here is another link to some kits from Midwest. Midwest was the only place I knew of off the top of my head, but you may find more if you look.

Being from Alaska I imagine there isn't much/any local honey around, so kits like these may be your best bet to start out. The one you posted seemed to have some extra ingredients (e.g. you only need pectic enzyme for meads with fruit). If you decide you really like meadmaking though, you may find you can save money by ordering in bulk.

Northern Brewer also has mead kits.

The kits look like they have the stuff needed, and in fact, buying 15 pounds of OB honey would likely cost $45+ in most cases so it may not be a bad deal. I'm not a big fan of Montrachet yeast in meads though.

Well my first mead i brewed (and only) had walmart clover honey was like 14bucks for 15lb but I wouldn't mind forking out 40 bucks for a decent kit with specialty honey

Latest posts

Back