Refrigeration issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keg2881

Reaction score
I've got a Beverage Air MT15-54 Coke fridge that I am going to use for bottle storage and lagering. I've had it running for about a month now and it doesn't to be able to get rid of the condensation that it accumulates. I know that there is a tray at the bottom that is supposed to catch it and help it evaporate, but that isn't happening. It keeps temps correctly but the bottom floods with water over time.

I've got a Beverage Air MT15-54 Coke fridge that I am going to use for bottle storage and lagering. I've had it running for about a month now and it doesn't to be able to get rid of the condensation that it accumulates. I know that there is a tray at the bottom that is supposed to catch it and help it evaporate, but that isn't happening. It keeps temps correctly but the bottom floods with water over time.

My thoughts would be that the drain line (if this model has one) at the bottom of the fridge is clogged...if it doesnt have one, then make sure the door closes correctly, a small gap will cause condensation.

Just a quick update about this. I cleaned the fridge on Saturday top to bottom and it turns out the drain lines were clogged. Another thing I noticed was that the condensation catch pan was all nasty and dirty. In this pan there are supposed to be cardboard type wicks to help evaporate the water. Well needless to say they were trashed and completely useless. I wasn't able to source the factory replacement so I bought a electronic evaporator. I'll try to keep this thread updated with how this works.

Back