Pump rebuild

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
A couple years ago I picked up a cool, but dead pump on Ebay. It is a stainless steel, centrifugal pump by Eastern, which is a branch of Idexx. Anyway, after replacing the motor (from ebay) and the seals (from a local seller) I now have a new stainless steel centrifugal pump! I have not attached it to my rig yet, but I can't wait.

Here is the company's catalogue of the unit:

NewPicture.jpg

Investment: pump $16.00, motor $12.00, new seal $14.00

Looks like a great pump. You will really be able to move some wort. What did it end up costing.

fifelee said:
Looks like a great pump. You will really be able to move some wort. What did it end up costing.

It ended up costing about $42, but I also put a 1.5" tri-clover fitting on the inlet and outlet so that added another $25 or so. I got those fittings off of ebay as well. But $70 for a pump like I now have is OK with me!

That's a nice pump, but I'm looking at the tricycle in the background - fat, knobby tires and suspension on the seat.... I never had a trike THAT nice when I was a kid...

Those used to be my boys pride and joy, but BMX bikes have taken their place. Those are all cleaned up to donate to their old preschool.

Latest posts

Back