What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-3566277498.jpg

TNGabe's Life of the Mind #2. Lacto and Brett, simply an awesome beer. Great job, Gabe! How long from brew to bottle on something like this?

View attachment 162296

TNGabe's Life of the Mind #2. Lacto and Brett, simply an awesome beer. Great job, Gabe! How long from brew to bottle on something like this?

Two weeks or less. I added more brett and lacto to that batch at bottling and it needed to bottle condition for about 2 months before it was really ready to drink. Most recent batch only got brett and lacto in primary and is drinking good with about 3 weeks in the bottle. I can still send you some brett when I grow more up if you haven't been saving bottle dregs.

I didn't know it came in bottles that size...

Me either. I have never seen it in this size. Normally its just 6 packs. Talked to the guy at the shop and he said they are probably going to release sixers around January this year. I like the 32's, but thats a big bottle to start drinking at 4:30PM haha. Sunday Funday!!

allenH said:

I love seeing TH glassware all around the country. Cheers!

TNGabe said:
Two weeks or less. I added more brett and lacto to that batch at bottling and it needed to bottle condition for about 2 months before it was really ready to drink. Most recent batch only got brett and lacto in primary and is drinking good with about 3 weeks in the bottle. I can still send you some brett when I grow more up if you haven't been saving bottle dregs.

Two and a half months to drinking, that's crazy for a beer that good. I don't have much experience with lacto/Brett beers, pretty much, the only Brett beers I get on a regular basis is Saint Somewhere (Brett bottled Saisons), and they need 6-12 months to develop any character. I am definitely interested in doing a Brett beer very soon.

nukebrewer said:
Thanks go out to Stauff for hooking me up with this beer that I can no longer get here in CT. I have missed it sorely.

One of the best IPAs in existence. Grapefruit in a glass.

A BIPA I brewed for my SWMBO. Original IBU's, 91. Well before the 2 ounces of dry hop. This was a 2.5 gallon batch, so the dry hop is really in the front. This is the first high IBU beer I have ever brewed and I really like it so far. It has only been in the bottle 3-1/2 weeks. My wife again told me I need to find a contest to enter this in. Gosh, I love her...

Oskar Blues Tenfidy Imperial stout....eh. was expecting more from them considering how much I love dales pale ale.

nukebrewer said:
Thanks go out to Stauff for hooking me up with this beer that I can no longer get here in CT. I have missed it sorely.

Good stuff! I'm so glad it became available here earlier this year.

SFGiantsFan925 said:
It is an amazing beer. Sorry you cant get it anymore. I a not feeling the new labels, but it doesn't change whats inside.

I didn't see Sculpin here in CT this hear. But we had it last year and the year before that. We always get Big Eye, though.

Back