Mr Beer Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCuckerson

Reaction score
Anybody care to guess how many Mr Beers were handed out today? Get ready for the questions..... 2 gallons for $15.95, what a deal

lol. thankfully the inlaws got me something more useful, I got a $150 gift certificate to the LHBS. gotta decide what to spend it on. Was considering a beer gun, but they are charging 90 bucks for one which is way higher then i have seen them elsewhere

lol. thankfully the inlaws got me something more useful, I got a $150 gift certificate to the LHBS. gotta decide what to spend it on. Was considering a beer gun, but they are charging 90 bucks for one which is way higher then i have seen them elsewhere
Nice! I could do some damage with $150. Beer gun would be nice.... thinking.....thinking....... or maybe a second march pump..... thinking....... more thinking...... Merry Christmas Brother

Nice! I could do some damage with $150. Beer gun would be nice.... thinking.....thinking....... or maybe a second march pump..... thinking....... more thinking...... Merry Christmas Brother

too you as well. just spent a bit of time on the website poking around. not sure what im gonna blow it on yet. Sure i could do ingredients, but equipment sounds like a better idea

Just remember to welcome our new Mr Beer brewers with open arms. we all have to start somewhere and likely they have what it takes to be great brewers. They LOVE beer and someone in their family saw that in them and saw the Mr Beer and thought it was a GREAT gift and i think it was.

Remember Mr Beer is a gateway drug. We got to lure em slowly to get em good and addicted to brewing. ;)

Nice, I got a $50 giftcard and subscription to BYO!

Just remember to welcome our new Mr Beer brewers with open arms. we all have to start somewhere and likely they have what it takes to be great brewers. They LOVE beer and someone in their family saw that in them and saw the Mr Beer and thought it was a GREAT gift and i think it was.

Remember Mr Beer is a gateway drug. We got to lure em slowly to get em good and addicted to brewing. ;)
Well said! I just hate the way they market it. You could do so much better on your own. Good point though!

I just hate the way they market it. You could do so much better on your own.

You could do much better on your own but the vast majority of Mr Beer brewers i have read on here got it from SWMBO or Mom or Pop or a friend or something like that cause they loved beer. I am sure a few guys bought it on their own but seems most get it as a gift, it lures them into the hobby, and bam a few months from now they will be out on the deck with a bayou burner brewing while enjoying a home brew.

I am still new and didnt go the Mr Beer route yet it just seems that's the way it goes down and i think its a great way to get interested and start home brewing. Its a fun hobby and a great way to ease into it.

:confused: That leaves you with a $60 balance! Just enough for a 'big-beer' grain / hop bill :mug:

Very well said. Mr. Beer was my pot, but all-grain brewing is my heroin. :D

I got the Mr. Beer for my 21st birthday. I brewed a few cidery batches and then went to my LHBS. He hooked me up with the right ingredients for a porter. Nearly 11 years later I am entrenched in all-grain brewing, kegging, and recently, lagering. I hope the new breed of Mr. Beer recipients will join our ranks!

Back