Chicory

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefchris

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with chicory? I fell in love with DFH's Chicory Stout a couple months back and would like to take a stab at my own chicory stout recipe.

Do I need to just get a basic stout, or even chocolate stout, recipe and build from that?

Do I just make a tea from the chicory? How much?

i have no ideas as i am an extreme rookie, but i have to agree with you. That stout is delicious! i love that brewery, but i dont love the prices or the 4 packs ha ha

I found this

Chicory Stout is a rich, dark beer made with a touch of roasted chicory, organic Mexican coffee, St. John's Wort, and licorice root. Brewed with whole-leaf Cascade and Fuggles hops, the grains include pale, chocolate, roasted and oatmeal. We buy the coffee used in our Chicory Stout from the Oby Lee Coffee Roastery in Lewes, the only one in Delaware.

But I'm still clueless as to what amount I should use.

Try brewing some coffee and adding it to secondary to taste. Brands you might try that have chicory in them include Luzianne and Cafe du Monde.
luzcc.jpg

Coffee%20&%20Chicory.jpg

Latest posts

Back