Just Kegged My All Rye Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vance71975

Reaction score
So i just Kegged my all rye brew, Made with rye malt, Crystal Rye, and Chocolate Rye. The 4 oz of Amarillo i dry hopped it with sure did there job it has A HUGE hop aroma! It is a Slightly brown nearly clear-brown with the expected haze(didn't do a protein rest) The nose is ALL Amarillo as to be expected, but there is just a hint of alcohol in the nose as well a warning if you will that it will be strong. The taste is really hard to describe, there is a huge hop flavor but it isn't very bitter. It is VERY dry, as i expected it would be with doing a 7 hour mash at 145, but it does have more body than i expected, no doubt from the 1.5lbs Crystal rye malt. All in all it is a very nice brew.

Now my Concern, I didn't realize until i had my rye brew in the keg with the priming sugar (5oz table sugar) that i am out of CO2 and have no way to seat the seal on the keg, plus i cant get CO2 till tomorrow, do you think that it will self seat before tomorrow? Also do you think the beer will be okay if it doesn't seat until i can get gas tomorrow?

Back