keg set up prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRGRapid

Reaction score
So my local homebrew shop has a 5 gal keg selling right now for 30 bucks, i was wondering how much is the extra equipment gonna be? CO2 tank, gauges etc.

i tried doing a search but it didn't find an answer

Depends on what you can find, but a "good deal" would be:

5# aluminum co2 tank: $60
Regulator: $40 (or more, depending on what you felt you needed)
Lines/quick disconnects/etc: beer 10' lines at up to $2/foot: one keg, $20 QDs, $7 each (one beer line, one gas line)= $14/ and gas lines- 6', $10 or so. Faucet- picnic tap is $5 or less, a "real" faucet can be much more.

So, for $150 ish you can have a one-keg co2 set up.

Depends on what you can find, but a "good deal" would be:

5# aluminum co2 tank: $60
Regulator: $40 (or more, depending on what you felt you needed)
Lines/quick disconnects/etc: beer 10' lines at up to $2/foot: one keg, $20 QDs, $7 each (one beer line, one gas line)= $14/ and gas lines- 6', $10 or so. Faucet- picnic tap is $5 or less, a "real" faucet can be much more.

So, for $150 ish you can have a one-keg co2 set up.

oh, was hoping to spend about 100 on it, i think ima wait it out and stick to bottles for another batch or two

thanks for the links

You know, $30 is a decent price for a keg. Why not pick one up now, and hold onto it for when you're ready to pick up the other items.

The price of soda kegs has gone up a lot, and will continue to rise because there are a finite amount of them as soda is no longer packaged in them.

I spent about $150. The fact that you can force carb, and drink instantly when its done ferminting is priceless. No waiting weeks for bottle conditioning to hope you got it right.

Back