food-safe CO2 gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipsiad

Reaction score
I'd like to hook up some kind of blow gun to my CO2 tank, which I could easily use to purge bottles, carboys, and kegs. One with a hand trigger or button and (ideally) detachable wands of varying lengths. Are the ones made for air compressors food-safe? I don't really want to blow a bunch of oil into my beer. If not, does anyone know of something I could use for this? Currently I just use a piece of tubing, which works fine, but I'm lazy and don't want to lean over and open/close the valve on the manifold every time I purge a bottle.

I bought a new blow gun from Sears, and have used it for purging and starting siphons for years. I have never noticed any tastes or smells from it. The rubber parts may not be food safe, but I don't care since not much is going to be extracted by the stream of CO2 going through it. Don't sweat it, just don't boil it in your wort.

Latest posts

Back