Coopers attenuation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
Does anybody know approx. what the attenuation of Coopers dry yeast is? Or at the very least if it is higher/lower than Nottingham.

Thanks

From howtobrew.com:

Cooper's Ale (Cooper's)
All-purpose dry ale yeast. It produces a complex woody, fruity beer at warm temperatures. More heat tolerant than other strains, 65-75¡F; recommended for summer brewing. Medium attenuation and flocculation. Attenuation: 73-77 %

Nottingham Ale (Lallemand)
A more neutral ale yeast with lower levels of esters and a crisp, malty finish. Can be used for lager-type beers at low temperatures. High attenuation and medium-high flocculation. Fermentation range of 57-70°F.

Thanks for that Yooper. I did a quicky yahoo search. I should have known to go right to howtobrew.

73-77% huh? That's the same as Nottingham I believe. I was told that Cooper's was higher. Oh well. I do like the part about it being for summer brewing. I may have to switch over since it is starting to heat up.

Back