How tall is your 10# co2 tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed_Savage

Reaction score
I have a chest freezer project and my 20lb tank wont fit inside with my 4 kegs.

I want to use either my5 lber or buy a 10 lb tank. How tall are the 10 lb tanks? Will they still dispense gas the same laying on thier side? Or should they always be standing up?

I would like to cut a nice square piece of plywood out and put a tie down bracket for the tank on it. I also want to screw the 4 way gass shutoff to it also. There is a ledge that the compressor sits under that would be perfect for this.

my 10# tank is 19 3/4" tall and about 6" diameter. This was the shortest I picked out of the supply they had at the store. The height varied slightly up to about an inch or so.

Haven't measured them but I just got a 10# and 20# tank from a buddy and there about the same height. Can measure if ya want; watching the boil currently.

My 10# CO2 tank is 20" high to the top of the valve handle and 6 7/8" in diameter. Add another inch or two for allow for the regulator.

4295-DSC02172.jpg

Back