New homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joonty

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a relatively new homebrewer (started in September 2012), but I'm pretty sure I'll be doing it for a long time...

I've always loved real ale, and when I found out that I could make top quality stuff in my home I couldn't let the opportunity pass. I bought a Cooper's DIY kit (the plastic one that uses the burping method), and have made three brews - Cooper's bitter, Cooper's stout and Woodforde's Wherry. I gave most of the latter away for Christmas!

I want to attempt a malt extract brew next, but I think it will be a flavoured cider kit to try and convince my wife that homebrewing is a good idea! :D

I'm a web developer by trade, and live in Birmingham, UK, with my wife.

Looking forward to getting to know people on this forum!

:mug:

Welcome to the forum :)

Funny thing about ales and the different countries. I am not sure but I think in the UK a ale is not a hoppy as it is in the US. I know my wife prefers the ales that are not as hoppy and calls them bitters.

Thanks!

I like a whole range of hop levels, and I've got a plan to make a very hoppy IPA this year, which is an English classic :)

I think you're right though, American styles tend to be hoppier.

Latest posts

Back