Blichmann Fermenator Review (New Thread)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that my fermentation chamber is completed, this is what I have my sights set on next. Keep the updates coming. If nothing else i can live vicariously through your efforts.

I would LOVE it if somebody (with really deep pockets) would do a Blichman vs. Conical Fermenters comparison. I am aiming at the Conical version only because of price, but would love to hear an objective comparison.

Which Conical Fermenter are you referring to when ya say to compare to the Blichmann? Plastic?

IMO there are three contenders that are making decent SS conicals at present, Blichmann, MoreBeer and Stout. I chose the MoreBeer conical and it should be shipping this week. I'll post a detailed review after it arrives and I get a brew day with it.

I have the smaller Blingman conical and not sure what the OP is talking about. I never have any problems with the rubber stopper staying in. Mine came with a 90 deg elbow that goes into the stopper hole. Love the conical my only ***** would be the tiny 1/2" dump valve, it need to be at least 1".

I have the smaller Blingman conical and not sure what the OP is talking about. I never have any problems with the rubber stopper staying in. Mine came with a 90 deg elbow that goes into the stopper hole. Love the conical my only ***** would be the tiny 1/2" dump valve, it need to be at least 1".

Mine also came with the 90* elbow. I have since ditched the elbow and put a piece of tubing directly in the hole and have added a thermowell to the stopper and have never had any issues with it coming out.

Well, another strike against Blichmann (damn it). For the first time in 120+ batches of brew, my wort has not started fermenting. FIRST TIME. Guess I'll have to wait another batch before I can give it my comparitive review vs my Sabco.

Well, another strike against Blichmann (damn it). For the first time in 120+ batches of brew, my wort has not started fermenting. FIRST TIME. Guess I'll have to wait another batch before I can give it my comparitive review vs my Sabco.

How is that a Blichmann problem?

Just an added comment to the continued problem I had with the Blichmann Co. from the get go.

Plus, it was just an update to the Blichmann Vs Sabco that I promised. So obviously with it not working, we'll have to wait longer for the review.

Answer your problem question...

It doesn't sound like this is going to be a very honest and worth while review if you are already biased against Blichmann and unjustifiably blaming the Blichmann conical for your fermentation not starting. It appears as if this will just be a Blichmann bashing thread. I'll pass.

It doesn't sound like this is going to be a very honest and worth while review if you are already biased against Blichmann and unjustifiably blaming the Blichmann conical for your fermentation not starting. It appears as if this will just be a Blichmann bashing thread. I'll pass.

Black Dog, I agree. How in the hell can the fermentor be to blame?
P.S. LOVE ur Logo.

ok, first of all, I did not blame the blichmann. I stated we'll have to wait til I do my next batch before I can do a review. but with so many willing to find the negative and bad in everything anyone tries to do, yes, I will pass.

Sorry to all that were looking forward to a comparitive review since I am one of the few that have both types of fermenters.

As always, a few idiots ruin for all.

ok, first of all, I did not blame the blichmann. I stated we'll have to wait til I do my next batch before I can do a review.

As you can see... It does sound like you blamed Blichmann with your first comment... You will have to excuse us if your wording made us jump to conclusion... I thought the exact same when I saw the above post myself... Simply a fault in communication.

ok, first of all, I did not blame the blichmann. I stated we'll have to wait til I do my next batch before I can do a review. but with so many willing to find the negative and bad in everything anyone tries to do, yes, I will pass.

Sorry to all that were looking forward to a comparitive review since I am one of the few that have both types of fermenters.

As always, a few idiots ruin for all.

Take a chill pill, Do what you said you were gonna do or don't post, and stop calling people Idiots

Latest posts

Back