Kegerator from single tap to dual tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonclick

Reaction score
I just bought a Danby Kegerator off of Craigslist (for $50! :rockin:). It has a single tap handle. Is there a way to make it 2 taps? Any kind of conversion kit? Thanks.

First make sure two kegs will fit first. Then buy a dual tap tower. In some cases you can even drill another hole in the existing one for another shank/tap. Then its as simple as adding a new line and splitting your gas line.

Is it possible to keep just the single tap and use a wye with valves to go from 2 beer lines to one? You would have some mix initially in your pour, but may be worth it in order to save a few bucks.

You technically could do a Y-valve but then you'd always have a little bit of the beers mixing which isn't ideal. And then you need the valve mounted somewhere externally unless you want to open the fridge to switch beers. Spend the extra bucks on the 2nd tap IMO.

You'll want to Y the gas lines or get a distributor so you can get gas to multiple kegs. Then figure out how to get the 2nd tap mounted. Either add a new tower or drill through the door.

I managed to fit three kegs in my kegerator (2 five gallon and 1 three gallon) by placing the three gallon keg on the compressor hump.

For the tower, I added a two tap adapter to make three.

:mug:

Back