Partial Mash Nugget Nectarer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbjangles72

Reaction score
TL;WR– newbish brewer is desperately trying to craft a good Nugget Nectar clone (w/ a little higher gravity).

I'm still very new to brewing and a bit newer to partial mash brewing. I recently bought a 6–gallon pot to aide in partial mashing a whole load of grains since partial mashing provides more flexibility than just extract brewing, and they're cheaper.

Nugget Nectar is a crazy delicious Imperial IPA and I mayhave a decent clone recipe going here, based off of the Tröegs website plus other clone recipes that I've seen. This will only be my 3rd brew, 2nd partial mash.

I'm just wondering if any of you more experienced home brewers think that this recipe looks decent. I'm more specifically suspect of the grain bill. I still don't know what is too much of a single grain. It's hard to tell if the balance of the grains is correct for this beer, or any beer. In my staunchness to not buy more extract, because those 3.3lbs LMEs are a ripoff / I can't buy in bulk right now, I added a 2lbs 2–row…bad idea? I'm also kind of shooting in the dark with the timing of the hop additions.

I know there's a lot packed in there, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can to get this right, so I appreciate any advice, from reduce that to one pound to get a haircut:fro:

Back