My LBHS really bothers me sometimes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxer

Reaction score
I really hate it when I call the LBHS and there's this one guy that works there that really does not know what products the store sells. It's a crap shoot if you call and ask to see if something is in stock (that is clearly on the website) and either you hope he knows what he is looking at when he says yes, or he tells you he has never heard of that before (again clearly on the website) and it was a base malt, nothing complicated. So now I drive over there and hopefully it's not a waste of gas.

Yes, I know... I need to order online... And I do- just this time I decided to brew short notice.

One of the many reasons I'm glad to have 2 good LHBS within a 30 minute drive that are low cost and extremely knowledgeable.

So... I went there... They had what I needed... But it was my fault for not tellin him I wanted all of my grain milled separate... So I have a big bag of mixed grain... No worries though I can still use it even though the percentages will be off.

This is why I buy in bulk for hops and grain and mill it myself. Farmhouse gets all my hops business and NB (my LHBS) gets the grain and yeast business.

Having Beer Alchemy and a recipe database with 260 recipes with the suggest a beer feature I can put together a 5 gal brew at any time. That is my favorite part of my brew setup.

Back