LHBS - Oak Lawn IL Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halaster

Reaction score
I am looking for a LHBS thats in the Oaklawn, Burbank, Palos Area. I know that Two Brothers has one in their brewpub in Warrenville, but I'm looking for something that isn't a 40+ min drive. If anyone knows of any I would appreciate it as they all seem to be up North in IL.

i live in western springs, IL, and im a little bit away from you, but i took 88 to st charles and found the Homebrew Shop which has a website at Homebrew Shop | Beer And Wine Making Supplies, St. Charles Illinois and a Phone # at 630 377 1338. I bought my brew kit and pot plus initial ingredients their and Ed Seman who runs the place was great. It might be a little bit over 40 min but it is well worth it for finding a knowledgeable LHBS owner who guided me the right way. Plus they gave me a gift certificate for lunch at a great local bar the Beehive. So if your up for a little drive and dont want to go to Chicago check out St. Charles.

Cheers!

Well, I almost hate to bring this place up,and I don't know if the driving time will be any better, but there is a place at the intersection of Weber Rd and Division St. outside of Crest Hill, IL called HydroCork. It appears to be run by a guy who mainly sells hydroponic stuff along with wine/brewing supplies.

He also is completely indifferent as to your presence in the store, if he notices you are there at all. But, he does have mos of the little equipment items you may need but don't feel like ordering online and paying for shipping.

But he, ahem, doesn't even sell hops.

But, if you're ever out toward Lockport or Romeoville it's right there.

Try Bev Art. They are 10 minutes from you. Also, if you haven't done so already, you should join the Chicagoland group. You might get to meet some of the other members and share tips.

Back