32 Quart/8 Gallon Brewpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmp138

Reaction score
I am currently doing extract partial boils and would like to step up to full boils. I found a 32 quart brew pot that I like but don't want to pick it up if it will be too small for full boils. So, will this work. Thanks.

Personally, I think it's pushing it. My full boils average (AG) between 7.5 - 8.5 gallons at the start. I think you'd be a lot more comfortable with a 10 gallon pot minimum. This may also allow for some growth if you move to AG at any time.

Imo it's to small. I do 5.5 gallon batches so I can keg a full 5 gallons, with boil off your looking at 7.5 to 8 gallons to start. Minimum I would suggest would be 10 gallons.

+1. I used an 8-gallon pot for a while and it was just barely big enough. You can do full boils in it, but you have to watch it closely to guard against boilovers. I upgraded to a 15 gallon aluminum kettle for about $60. I use the 8-gallon pot to heat water now.

Yeah I thought it might be a little small, I've also heard that its worth the investment to go ahead and get stainless instead of aluminum, any validity to this? I want to pick something up that is already threaded with a ball valve, anyone got suggestions for a reasonable 10 gallon kettle?

Yeah I thought it might be a little small, I've also heard that its worth the investment to go ahead and get stainless instead of aluminum, any validity to this? I want to pick something up that is already threaded with a ball valve, anyone got suggestions for a reasonable 10 gallon kettle?

I only use aluminum (15 &20 gallon), It will be a lot cheaper to do your own fittings. Buy your self a step bit and have at it.

Latest posts

Back