Score sheets from NHC for Kansas City?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You still get a gold certificate and like a previous reply said, you have a beer that is always good to have on tap. I love to have those around for when company comes over... Or I just get off work.

I only managed to get one spot in KC after the whole registration fiasco and I was torn as to whether I should send a beer that had previously gotten a 43 and was in the mini-BOS of another comp or to send something I was proud of but hadn't been judged yet.

I decided to go with the latter and sent a Black Rye Saison that had good comments from the homebrew club and friends. It only got a 30 in 16E, not surprised after seeing that other post on the AHA forum about 16 being a very crowded category, I'm sure mine just didn't stand out from the crowd. Not bad for my first NHC experience and only my second comp ever.

So does anyone have a guess as to when our beers will need to be there for the second round? I'm guessing that they will need to be there a week before the judging?

Does anyone know how early they had to be there for the second round last year?

4. When are the entry deadlines?

• All First Round NHC entries must be received at the appropriate Judging Center between Monday, March 18 and 6 p.m. MDT on Wednesday, March 27, 2013.
• Final Round entries must be received at the Final Round shipping site between Monday, June 3, and 5 p.m. EDT Monday, June 17, 2013. If your entry advances to the Final Round, additional instructions will be e-mailed to you by May 24, 2013.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.o...competition-information/rules-and-regulations

4. When are the entry deadlines?

• All First Round NHC entries must be received at the appropriate Judging Center between Monday, March 18 and 6 p.m. MDT on Wednesday, March 27, 2013.
• Final Round entries must be received at the Final Round shipping site between Monday, June 3, and 5 p.m. EDT Monday, June 17, 2013. If your entry advances to the Final Round, additional instructions will be e-mailed to you by May 24, 2013.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.o...competition-information/rules-and-regulations

Thanks, man. I totally missed that.

Latest posts

Back