Need help finding a nipple

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Not mine or my wife's, but a SS 1/2 by 1 1/4 fully threaded pipe nipple. I have looked at Home depot, Lowe's, and Ace Hardware. I called a plumbing supply company with no luck as well. The nipple goes with my weldless ball valve for my keggle. I have managed to cross thread my 1/2 pipe cast nut to the nipple. I don't want to pay shipping from Northern Brewer, where I got it, and I don't need or can afford to buy a bunch of stuff to justify the shipping cost. :drunk:

McMaster Carr has them. Yeah, you'll pay shipping, but you can get other things like more tubing, keg orings, motors and shivs to motorize your grain mill. Then the shipping on a $5 nipple will be negligible.

B

He does not want to buy other stuff to get it shipped!

Drive to Nashville and go to Grainger? Don't know how much gas you will use but they have SS nipples - call first to make sure they stock them, I know that because I drove to one in Oregon and had zero luck on in stock parts.

You can also look in the yahoo yellow pages for stainless pipe suppliers. Call them and see. One of them is sure to have the nipples in stock. I'm sure they will be cheaper than Grainger. This is what I did in San Antonio. Luck - Dwain

You must have a marina with a Chandlery in your area, they would have SS close nipples as shipping will cost more than the part.
This is also a good place for all your stainless hardware.

Latest posts

Back