Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan11

Reaction score
I Kegged my beer for the first time. I force carbed my beer and have reached the carbonation I like. Should I take the co2 off now until I want to drink it or is it ok to leave serving pressure on it?

after i get my keg carbed up, i usually let it sit on serving pressure (12 psi/12' lines), even if i'm planning on letting the keg sit to condition for a bit before tapping. usually that's less than ~2 weeks, so i can't say about leaving it for very long. since your serving pressure is lower (~6psi), carbonation may lower some, but not like it would off the gas.

from what I've learned, (I am still VERY new to this whole thing), a 3ft gas line is not good to keep continuous pressure. I have a short gas line. I run higher pressure to carbonate, and then drop it to 5 or 6 psi to serve. If the beer started to get flat, I would just turn the pressure up for a cpl days. I have never had a keg start to flatten.

Back